Options

2 Posts

07-02-2019

RO

7 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 1 of 1

Can Legion Y530 operate with battery removed?

2019-07-02, 23:36 PM

I bought an Y530 gaming laptop in march and today (3 july) I tried to start it on battery and noticed that it's not doing anything... In windows, the battery percentage stays at 89% and not charging and the Vantage app says the battery is in poor condition. This is verry odd because I just updated my Windows to version 1903 and ran the hw tests in Vantage app and at that time ( 4 days earlier) everything seemed fine, the battery was in good condition. What's also odd it's that, in the Vantage app, the battery voltage shows 12,23 V which seems to be charged(ish) for a 11.34 lithium battery. So it's not discharged past the point of no return, and still the laptop refuses to power up. I removed the battery and measured on the connector with a multimeter and it gives no voltage at all between any of the red-black wires. I can't take it to warranty because the provided warranty service (Depanero Bucharest) is breaking electronics on purpose to void the warranty then asks for money to repair the product. My laptop is still working and I don't want to take it to them and waste 800 euro on nothing. If you know nothing on how to solve this, than I will buy a new battery...but until then I want to know if it's better to operate the laptop with or without the battery inside to avoid damaging any MB components  (charging circuit or any other power supply components on the MB). If replacing the battery is the only option, please help me find  a place from where I can buy it and ship it to Romania in one piece. Thank you very much for your time!

Best regards!

Postaru Dan Alexandru

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete