Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aryaSLi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,667
Message 1 of 7

Can't connect to 5Ghz network on Lenovo legion Y720

I would really need some help with this, as I cannot find solution, all the information I read about my wifi driver is confirming that it does support 5Ghz, and Im unable to connect, as soon as I type password my wifi just turns on and off and I get message "Cant connect to this network", my other laptop is able to connect to same connection, even my phone is able to do so, I tried downloading lates driver, nothing worked. My wifi card is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377. The advance tab does not offer me any options

Update: Clearly it does support 100%, but Im not able to connect...

ssd.png

Highlighted
Tommy_twotoes
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,560
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't connect to 5Ghz network on Lenovo legion Y720

I have this same issue, when i try to connect to 5ghz it seems like the wifi card reboots.

Y72015IKB - 80VR - XXXXX

Admin Edit: Removed S/N since its considered private information.

aryaSLi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,556
Message 3 of 7

I even contacted lenovo support directly, they tried to resolve my issue but nothing helped, so I ended up taking my laptop for repair since its still under warranty. Hopefully they will be able to
Tommy_twotoes
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,553
Message 4 of 7

Please keep this post updated with the result of your service. I bought this laptop the 7th of this feburary.
Tommy_twotoes
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,478
Message 5 of 7

Any news from your service visit?

aryaSLi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,451
Message 6 of 7

Unfortunately I am in country where they are bad with technology, apparently they connected my laptop to regular network, took a picture of it, and sent me laptop back with note that nothing is wrong. Well right now Im demanding refound and still don't know what will happen, but I dont want to be without laptop for whole month. 

aryaSLi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,386
Message 7 of 7

Just for the update, I managed to fix my laptop under warranty, they replaced the wifi card in order for 5GHz network to work, my  biggest problem was the country I currenty live in, so I had to give them time in order for them to realize what is the problem. So after 1 month they finally returned and fixed my laptop. hopefuly  I wont find any other problem with this device. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors