Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

10-15-2017

India

36 Signins

244 Page Views

• Views: 244
  • Message 1 of 4

Can't even access BIOS or Boot Menu after BSOD (Legion Y520)

2021-06-10, 4:25 AM

Device: Legion Y520

Was using the laptop, and got a BSOD "kernel_data_inpage error". Usually when I get a BSOD, it'll reboot within 10-20 seconds, but it was stuck at 0% for 5 minutes. Thought it was stuck for good, so I long pressed the power button to force it shutdown. Now the boot logo appears but nothing more, (can't even enter the BIOS or the boot menu). When I looked the BSOD error, some of the possible culprits are a corrupt RAM, corrupt storage etc. Even If the storage is borked for good, I should still be able access the BIOS and the Boot Menu, right? Tried swapping out the RAM to check if that's the problem, but no luck. No more than the Lenovo Legion boot logo. Did my laptop just die?

Options

2493 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

270 Signins

12656 Page Views

• Views: 12656
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Can't even access BIOS or Boot Menu after BSOD (Legion Y520)

2021-06-10, 9:05 AM

Hi kalid_ahamed ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The kernel_data_inpage error is more often then not a hardware issue, from what you describe, it's most likely to be a memory access issue, since you are unable to enter the BIOS. 

Depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician to figure out what is wrong with it.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

17 Posts

10-15-2017

India

36 Signins

244 Page Views

• Views: 244
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-10, 16:42 PM

@ Voithos wrote:

Hi kalid_ahamed ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The kernel_data_inpage error is more often then not a hardware issue, from what you describe, it' most likely to be a memory access issue, since you are unable to enter the BIOS. 

Depending on the Warranty of the device, I' suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician to figure out what is wrong with it.

Regards

Voithos

Yeah, been thinking about sending to the service center anyway. But I don't think it's a memory access issue, (I should've mentioned this earlier) I noticed after swapping out the RAM module, it takes like 10 more seconds than usual to show the boot logo; I presume it takes longer when it detects a change in memory. So, it does detect the RAM change. Hope the technicians are available (because COVID restrictions), and doesn't cost too much to fix it (fingers crossed).

Most likely they won't need the internal HDD and SSD, right? There are some pretty sensitive data and some of the source code I use in my company, so I'll remove them before handing it over to the shop. And also I set a password for the BIOS; that won't be problem, right?

Options

3073 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

583 Signins

23704 Page Views

• Views: 23704
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-11, 19:52 PM

Hello @kalid_ahamed,

Thanks for reaching out.

I agree with what Voithos has suggested.

If the machine is still covered by warranty it would be best to have it checked to avoid any other issues.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms