Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DumaDavid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 1 of 2

Can`t install the latest version of BIOS on Legion Y520-15IKBN

So I got this Legion Y520-15IKBN, had some problems when I bought it, sent it to warranty, reinstalled windows a couple times, etc.

I haven`t been updating my windows for like a long time untill a week ago I strated doing some updates and yesterday I saw that I had one more update that I can do.So like I do from time to time I go to pcsupport.lenovo to check if all my drivers are good and I saw that I got one driver that I need to upgrade BIOS 10 but when I try to install it id doesn`t work, I tried to do it manually but when I do that I get an errror saying: "mount the efi system partition fail". Any suggestions?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 134
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can`t install the latest version of BIOS on Legion Y520-15IKBN

Does Disk Management indicate that you have an EFI partition?  Was your Windows reinstall in legacy mode by any chance?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors