Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sorenkp
Not applicable
Views: 200
Message 1 of 5

Cant open intel control panel on y530

Hey all, i just bought a legion y530, and when i first opened it up the intel control panel was working fine, but after i updated windows, the drivers from lenovo, and the drivers from intel, the intel control panel had disappeared. So i downloaded it from the microsoft store but then it wouldnt open due to "an incompatible legacy version of this application being installed on the system". 
im running driver version 26.20.100.6861 btw.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

alex5723
Not applicable
Views: 173
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cant open intel control panel on y530

You don't need to download from Microsoft's store.

Intel control panel comes with Intel Graphics DCH driver. You can find it seaching for 'Intel' .

intl.jpg

Highlighted
sorenkp
Not applicable
Views: 163
Message 3 of 5

but im not able to open it, when i try  it says "an incompatible legacy is installed on this system". 

alex5723
Not applicable
Views: 147
Message 4 of 5

"So i downloaded it from the microsoft store"

Remove the app from Microsoft Store. 

Uninstall Intel driver AND software.

Re-install Intel Graphics DCH driver from Intel's site :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28783/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939

sorenkp
Not applicable
Views: 118
Message 5 of 5

i can uninstall it and remove it from the laptop, but in store it is listed as an app i own no matter what i do, could this be an issue? 
btw, i have tried doing what the intel guy in this thread suggest: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004BNlNeSAL/why-is-the-intel-graphics-control-pannel-not-...
but it doesnt work, ive used that procedure to install the driver that lenovos website suggest, and the newest one from intel (the one you linked) but neither brings back the control panel. 
the intel software i have installed currently are: 
intel management engine components, intel computing improvement program, intel rapid storagetechnoly and the graphics driver, all of these shouldnt be uninstalled right?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors