cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madrabbit88
Punch Card
Views: 8,114
Message 1 of 6

Docking Station or USB hub for Y720. Which is better?

I thinking of to buy docking station if this available for Lenovo Y720 to get more usb's. I researched out of hell and not found compatible docking station for Y720.

Other option is the usb hub. I found one TP-link UH700 with 7 usb ports with external adapter. I found lot of positive feedbacks about this product. 

Here is the link: http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5688_UH700.html

USB hub is cheaper I know: Approx: $29.99 ~ 9000 - 10000 HUF.

What do you think, which is better? 

Guru
Views: 8,012
Message 2 of 6

Re: Docking Station or USB hub for Y720. Which is better?

I'd also suggest looking into a USB C dock if you're also looking for display transfer as well. If all you're looking for is USB port expansion, that TP-Link one should be good. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Highlighted
madrabbit88
Punch Card
Views: 8,007
Message 3 of 6

I checked your advice. I didn't hear before about the USB C dock. This is new for me.
I'll check which will be better for me.
Do you have any idea which USB C dock is good for this laptop?
As I see only No name stuffs found on the net. For example: "OWC USB-C dock".
I don't trust these no name stuffs.
I'll check on the ebay, or aliexpress, maybe find something.
Guru
Views: 7,990
Message 4 of 6

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Adapter-Charger-Charging-Output/dp/B019R9ILTG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Also, Lenovo has a dock: http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/docking/universal-cable-docks-usb/Thinkpad-USB-C-Dock/p/40A...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

madrabbit88
Punch Card
Views: 7,953
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the links. Checked

Sorry for the late respond. 

Uhh 2nd link original Lenovo Dock, is very expensive. 200 dollars for 6 usb connections. Jesus Smiley Very Happy

Guru
Views: 7,941
Message 6 of 6

There are a bunch of other options; USB C dock is what you should be looking for.

Regards,
Eric Xu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors