Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarlLj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 536
Message 1 of 2

Docking station for Y740 17''

I plan to buy a Legion Y740 17'' for work and home use, nothing heavy work wise, only light applications. I intend to use a docking station that preferably handles three 1080p displays, but if it can only handle two that's fine too. My question is what docking stations are avaliable for such use, as I've not found any when searching on Lenovo's own DockSearch site for my specific model, the 81UJ. I could try searching for 'universal' ones but if so I would like your input before buying any third party one that isn't guarenteed to work.

Has anyone tried using a docking station, either USB-C or USB 3, in this way with this model? I would love to know that it works for someone before I go and spend 2000$

Ralph_The_Black
What's DOS?
Views: 162
Message 2 of 2

Re: Docking station for Y740 17''

I have the UJ model of the Y740, and have tried 3 different docks so far, without much success.  The Dell TB16 kind of worked, but wasn't recognized so I couldn't upgrade the firmware like Dell recommended.  I tried 2 cheaper ones that failed to advertise that they only supported multi-monitor support if you wanted to lower the resolution to 1024x768, and only at 30Hz.  I would like to know if anybody has found one that works.  I love the laptop, but expected the TB3 connector to help out more with docking alternatives for a gaming machine.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors