Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-28-2021

Slovakia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

Don't buy Legion 7i - endless problems

2021-07-28, 14:40 PM

Hello community,

Last year in november I bought a Legion 7i (in France) and have since been greatly disappointed with the quality and international customer care. 

TL;DR: shabby quality and even worse international customer service made me regret every cent I spent on the laptop.

It started with a hinge issue which is rampant among the last gen (and considering the quality of their service, I wouldn't be surprised if this gen is much better) - hinge breakage. Since the pandemic hit again in winter, I went to Slovakia, and after 3 months of use, the laptop's hinges broke and it became unusable, so I contacted the support here in Slovakia. I also bought a 4 year premium warranty to avoid any more surprises.

They took the laptop and serviced it, only to give it back with one fan light not working and the camera shutter missing. I let that slip for some time, because I needed the laptop for work and I therefore couldn't afford sending it in again. However, after a few weeks, not only was my laptop still missing its fan light and camera shutter, the display also started flickering from time to time and weird graphical bug started happening to the upper right corner (as seen in the photo) : 

I sent it in again, hoping that they would fix not only the display, but also the two missing parts. It was stuck in there for a month and a half, during which I contacted both the Slovak and French support. Since I did not have an international warranty, they are not able to refund the product. Weridly enough, they did not mind taking the laptop and butchering it even more while servicing it. However, they offered me 3 months of additional warranty (at that moment, I did not know whether to laugh or cry, because after buying 4 years of premium warranty), which sounded ridiculous.

I proceeded to cancel the repair only to wait another week and a half for them to confirm that it was on its way. When I received it, the whole bottom cover was changed (bye-bye easy looking up of the serial number) and to my surprise, they actually put the camera shutter back in and the fan light is working now. The display, however, looks even worse than when I sent it there.

To add an insult to injury, I also found out that the left speaker is not working. I called the Slovak/Czech support again only to be offered another repair, at the exact same repair shop. 

I was expecting Lenovo to be a better mark and offer products of a better quality, and I swear I will never buy another laptop from them. Also, if any of you are on the fence whether to buy a laptop from this company, I would advise against it. 

Best regards,

Lenovo's much disappointed customer.

Options

4554 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

678 Signins

29765 Page Views

• Views: 29765
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Don't buy Legion 7i - endless problems

2021-07-28, 21:08 PM

Hello @martin.jakubec,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to read your experience but be assure that any technical issues would be readily handled by the technical support team and for other concerns you may likewise express it with them so they can have have it forwarded to the specific team.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

07-29-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-07-29, 2:14 AM

I'm sorry, but I must agree completely with the OP's comments.

The device is defectively designed, specifically the hinge's mechanism of attaching to the case behind the screen.  That is what actually breaks, the plastic hinge cover, and the plastic back of the case break  because the metal hinge is attached with metal screws to a small metal plate that is glued to the plastic back.  The stiffness of the hinge will continuously cause failure due to stress on the plastic . . . but, hey, they probably saved a few cents not distributing the force over a larger area.

I called for service over a week ago for this very issue, supposedly "Legion Ultimate Support" .

Told them about the hinge and that the LCD screen was damaged and not fully functional.

After putting a hold on the parts for two days, for a reason that is unclear (especially considering what they sent), the parts were released for a tech to pick up.

He did, and arrived in a timely fashion, but upon opening the box it only contained a bezel, a bezel strip, LCD tape, and the part of the case that goes behind the LCD screen.

No LCD screen.

The repair ticked gets listed as "Resolved," which, of course is false, and a new repair ticket gets created.  Other than to falsify their warranty resolution, there is no reason to do this.

Today I get an email in the morning saying the tech will come today to repair my unit.  I check the Repair Status and it says the ETA for my parts is tomorrow.

2021-07-28 06:35  Lenovo Case XXXXXXXX - Replacement Part on order - New ETA 2021-07-29 17:00:00

Hours later I get a text message saying the tech is on their way

And the Repair Status on the Lenovo site says:

2021-07-28 14:15 Lenovo Case XXXXXXXX- Technician enroute.

I called the tech twice, no answer.
I called "Legion Ultimate Support" , they said the tech was enroute
Tech never showed.
I called "Legion Ultimate Support", said "what's going on, could someone please call me and let me know what's going on?"
Many hours later, still no response, and the tech is still "enroute," (it's 10 p.m.)

To add insult to injury, the text message included a link to track the tech, and it even lists fake information that the tech arrived and completed their task.  I've attached a screenshot of the info from their Glympse (Tech's name and my address deleted) 

A laptop that cannot be used for its intended purpose is an item that no one should be buying (I'm pretty sure a laptop should be able to be opened and closed without rampant hinge failures - Google it if you don't believe me).
Lenovo's failure to supply a fit product and its failure to live up to the terms of its "Legion Ultimate Support" is certainly a red flag, as is the info Lenovo has chosen to include in Glympse

It looks like the Original Poster's story is par for the course.

Options

11 Posts

08-05-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-08-05, 8:59 AM

Which legion 7 you're talking about Is it the 2020 or 2021 version?

Options

2 Posts

07-29-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-08-05, 11:59 AM

Mine was arrived August of 2020

Options

2 Posts

07-28-2021

Slovakia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-08-05, 12:43 PM

It was the 2020 version. They might've changed their product, but I don't think they changed their attitude towards customers

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)