Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murdobytes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 256
Message 1 of 4

Double Driver Installation?

Hello everyone. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 (1803) on my Lenovo Y720.

As with all Windows 10 installs, it also installed its own set of drivers from Microsoft.

To make sure that all the drivers were actually present, I also downloaded and installed all the drivers from the Y720 download area on the Lenovo website (with the exception of some of the Lenovo bloatware). 

Would installing the drivers from Lenovo over the top of the Micorosft installed drivers cause any issues? 

Can this lead to hardware instability, or am I just worrying over nothing?

Any help or advice with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 228
Message 2 of 4

Re: Double Driver Installation?

Hi @murdobytes,

Welcome to the Community,

I would avoid installing drivers and download Lenovo Vantage. The program will tell you exactly what to download and give you the most recent and accurate drivers.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

murdobytes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 223
Message 3 of 4

Hey Miguel,

Thanks for the quick reply! As I mentioned previously, I have already installed the drivers for my device from the Lenovo website.

However, before I did this, I did install Vantage but it only found two drivers to udpate after the fresh Windows isntall, whch is why I installed the rest of the drivers from the website. Can you advise if this is going to cause any issues i the future?

Best regards,

Duncan

Guru
Views: 214
Message 4 of 4

Hi there

Installing drivers for the same applications that already have new drivers installed should cause no problems. The drivers should actually not get installed in the first place.

If you install drivers for items that were not covered by Microsoft, then those should be installed perfectly and again, cause no issues.

The only thing to worry about is the BIOS update, which should be performed carefully. Check the Instructions file before instaling any BIOS. Thanks.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors