Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-22-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Exact Model of RAM Installed in Legion 7

2021-10-22, 17:41 PM

I'm interested in purchasing a Legion 7 (32 GB option), but with one of the sticks being soldered to the motherboard, I want to make sure that I will be satisfied with the stock components. Specifically, I'm concerned that the stock RAM will suffer from slow subtimings, and will display the sub-par performance that some AMD systems are seeing which was highlighted recently by Jarod's Tech and LTT.

Can I please have the exact model number that comes installed in the AMD Legion 7?

Answer
Options

5055 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12948 Signins

191386 Page Views

• Views: 191386

Re:Exact Model of RAM Installed in Legion 7

2021-10-22, 18:05 PM

Welcome to the community forum.

Can I please have the exact model number that comes installed in the AMD Legion 7?

There is no way to determine that authoritatively. Lenovo buys parts from a variety of part makers, including for RAM, e.g. Samsung, Ramexel, Hynix, etc. that are used interchangeably in the manufacture of particular models. 

The best you can do is go to Parts, type the specific model number of the Legion 7 you're interested in (e.g. Legion 7-15IMHg05) and look up what RAM is compatible. But there's no way to specify which part number you want to be installed when placing an order.

Also considering the widespread parts shortage due to pandemic-related supply chain issues, IMO it's reasonable to assume that Lenovo might make further parts substitutions based on availablity.

My comments are mine. I don't work for or speak for Lenovo.
Please do not send me PMs. Ask your question on this forum so that everyone can respond or learn.

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

5055 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12948 Signins

191386 Page Views

• Views: 191386
  • Message 2 of 4

2021-10-22, 18:05 PM

Welcome to the community forum.

There is no way to determine that authoritatively. Lenovo buys parts from a variety of part makers, including for RAM, e.g. Samsung, Ramexel, Hynix, etc. that are used interchangeably in the manufacture of particular models. 

The best you can do is go to Parts, type the specific model number of the Legion 7 you're interested in (e.g. Legion 7-15IMHg05) and look up what RAM is compatible. But there's no way to specify which part number you want to be installed when placing an order.

Also considering the widespread parts shortage due to pandemic-related supply chain issues, IMO it's reasonable to assume that Lenovo might make further parts substitutions based on availablity.

My comments are mine. I don't work for or speak for Lenovo.
Please do not send me PMs. Ask your question on this forum so that everyone can respond or learn.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

10-22-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 3 of 4

Exact Model of RAM Installed in Legion 7

2021-10-22, 19:48 PM
I took delivery of an AMD Legion 7 16ACHG6 yesterday. Neither memory stick was soldered to the board. The specs were SK Hynix 1Rx8 DDR4-3200 22-22-22-52 CR1. As hausman says, there is no guarantee that you would get the same chips but I will add the data point for your research.
Options

2 Posts

10-22-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-10-26, 23:09 PM

Thanks for the quick replies folks. I will refer to the parts page for further information. Good to hear neither stick is soldered and the modules at least could be lower density 1Rx8.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms