oni2189
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 1 of 2

FPS issues in World of Warcraft and other games

I purchased Lenovo Legion Y520 last year. The laptop has the following specs:

CPU: core i5 7th Gen

RAM: 4gb

Graphics: NVIDIA GE force gtx 1050 (2gb)

Hard Disk: 1 TB HDD

I have purchased the laptop with the hope that it will elevate the performance of the games I play with a reasonable price that it has, as my older laptop was not good enough. However, it seems that I have lost all the money I paid to the drain, as I started playing games with this one. There is not a single instance in World of Warcraft that my fps does not struggle. It is so volatile that sometimes every step my character takes the game stutters. I had the same problem in my older (not a gaming) laptop so by paying RM 3000, what difference did it make for me?

I am seriously dissappointed with the laptop. I have been a customer of Lenovo since 2012, as my older laptop was also from the same company. I have never expected this downgrading of performance from this brand at least. It is really dissappointing. All games struggles with FPS even with the lowest settings. I am sick, tired and fed-up. I am hopelessly typing this forum looking for a miraculous response from a lenovo customer service agent as I could't reach them on chat or on phone. Hope they reply to this one, coz I am simply done with it. Thank you.

alex5723
Broadband 3G
Views: 80
Message 2 of 2

Re: FPS issues in World of Warcraft and other games

4GB of RAM isn't enought to run Windows 10 let alone games. Upgrade RAM to 8/16/32GB.

HDDs are slow. Add SSD M.2 and install Windows on the SSD. Use the HDD for data.

GeForce gtx 1050 with 2GB is too weak as well.

Install the latest Intel DCH and Nvidia DCH drivers. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors