Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-31-2019

Sweden

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 3

Fail migration

2019-08-31, 21:38 PM

Hello, new here

Today I was eagerly trying to migrate from my old water damaged laptop to my new Y540 by cloning with macrium reflect. Halfway through I realized cloning will have the drivers mismatched, and sure enough, it did. It booted, but I had no cursor and no internet connection. So I tried to manually install every driver from the manufacturer's website, and during this process, I got a warning for low battery and I rushed for the power brick. As I plugged it in the laptop suddenly crashed into what I think was hibernation (two lights blinking), and then it was in a hibernation loop as I tried turning it on again, so I got scared and forced a shut down. Eventually I turned it on again and it restarted after a second of booting (odd behavior) and looked to be going into hibernation again, but right after it booted normally and eventually I ran out of battery before managing to install the "power management" driver.

I am now scared to plug the power brick in and if I have to I need a solid plan for what to do when it's on. If I broke it it would devastate me lmao so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Options

9579 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78275 Signins

2253875 Page Views

• Views: 2253875
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Fail migration

2019-08-31, 23:46 PM

Hello and welcome,

If I'm reading your post correctly, you did all the above on battery power? Yike.

I suggest doing this: plug in the power brick.  Boot the recovery flash drive you made before trying to clone and take the machine back to OOBE.  If you didn't make recovery media, go here and download it:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103653?LinkTrack=Solr

With the machine back to its as-shipped state, set it up and do some thinking about whether a clone makes sense...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

1441 Posts

05-01-2012

Israel

2443 Signins

24342 Page Views

• Views: 24342
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Fail migration

2019-09-01, 4:54 AM

"Today I was eagerly trying to migrate from my old water damaged laptop to my new Y540 by cloning with macrium reflect."

You didn't state which OS you are trying to clone and wihich OS is pre-installed on your y540, if any.

Windows 10 can't be cloned as it is tied to the PC it was installed on and the license is "burned" into the motherboard.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms