Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valkar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 354
Message 1 of 5

Failed Lenovo Customer Service

Okay. I have read quite a few posts regarding the y700. Here is my ongoing experience. Ordered Nov, 30th, 2015. Delivered Dec, 14th 2015. YAY!!! Beautiful piece if technology. Began failing last week of December 2015. Called Tech Support on Jan 6th, 2016. No luck fixing via remote access. Repair box sent and received mid afternoon on Friday the 8th. Shiped to repair depot on Monday the 11th. Received at depot on 12th. Received text message on Wednesday the 13th reading"We've identified the failing part in your PC. However the part is currently out of stock. We'll provide updates as information becomes available". No word for a week. Called tech support on January 20th. Found out that the motherboard and led screen needed to be replaced. This is a brand new laptop. One part to be delivered Jan 29th, other part approx Feb 15th. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!. Requested replacement. Tech escalates my case. Have to wait to hear from Case Manager in the next 3 business days. No messages from case manager. January 26th called tech support got phone number and email of case manager. Can't call or receive phone calls due to long distance and a cost to me of 50c per minute. Sent email on the 26th. Received voice message on my phone indicating that they have sent me 3 emails already. I did not receive them. Sent 2 more emails on the 26th no reply. Sent email on the 27th, got a reply from the case manager, I was to email back an acceptance of the replacement laptop. I replied to that email. No respone. Called tech support on 28th, not much they could do but did put on my file my concerns. Sent email to "casemanager@lenovo.com" as requested in email from the case manager on the 27th. Received what appears to be the hard drive and ram from my broken laptop (didn't even know that was coming). Have no idea what the status is of my laptop. No replies from my emails. This can only be discribed as horrible customer service...but at least the techs where nice and understanding. I bought this laptop from Lenovo itself on their good reputation. I am regretting it entirely and would find it very difficult to recommend Lenovo. Wish this could be more positive, sadly it might just get worse.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 318
Message 2 of 5

Re: Failed Lenovo Customer Service

Hello valkar,

you should have received an email yesterday around 17:00 hours yesterday, assuming I have my time zones correct.  Could you please perhaps check your spam / junk email folder if you haven't already emptied it.  If you don't find it please let me know by private message 

Thanks in advance, regards

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

valkar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 304
Message 3 of 5

Hello Andy

Thanks for the response. I haven't yet received any emails with the exception of the one that indicated your post to my thread. I have sent you a pm through this site. Hopefully you receive that soon.

Thanks

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 287
Message 4 of 5

Hello valkar,

thank you, I have received your PM and have responded to it.  Unfortunately there was a typo in your email address, no excuses and sincere apologies for the error which I have requested be corrected as soon as possible.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

valkar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 274
Message 5 of 5

Hello Andy

Thanks man Smiley LOL. I was able to contact tech support last night and we where able to find the typo in my email address as well. Have received the email indicating the placement order for the replacement laptop. Can't wait to get it.Smiley LOL

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors