Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-11-2019

United States of America

20 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 1 of 5

First Lenovo Experience - Terrible Customer Service

2019-06-11, 20:04 PM

Be warned, Lenovo's customer service for returns & replacements absolutely sucks. 

Ordered a Legion Y530 on May 25 and it arrived on the 31st, pretty standard. The device arrived defective with a big vertical stripe on the screen so I requested to have it replaced. I was assured it would arrive as quick as possible and recieved an email with an order number. To date (It's the 11th of June), that is the ONLY email I have received from Lenovo. 

When I reached out to CS the first time, they said that "the shipping date was missed" so they sent a new shipment date of June 6 with a delivery of June 11th. Their order status page has not updated once, I have received no tracking number or any confirmation that the device was even sent yet. I have spoken to customer service 3 times now and on separate occasions they told me "Not to worry" and assured me that it has been escalated and expedited. One of them went as far as to send me their email address to follow up, I emailed them 2 days ago and still haven't gotten any response. Finally called CS and they said they should have received a tracking number but don't know why they haven't. I told them that all I ask is that there be at least some kind of follow up via email to confirm this is in progress or who I can contact or ANYTHING to let me know that my computer isn't sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Still nothing. 

I've even gone as far as to tell them that my business is now struggling as a result (I'm in design) and that I'll be traveling long term in a week and that does not seem to have put any fire to the issue. Severely disappointed with my first experience at Lenovo and will likely never buy another product from them again, even if they are quality devices. Will suggest the same to others. 

*Update - Have spoken to another CS representative, who said "The replacement machine that will be sent to you is a brand new unit and we are still on the process of fulfilling the order. Currently the ESD that I see is on June 6, 2019 but it missed. " They missed the shipping date again. I asked him to provide an update within an hour or two so I can figure out when I can expect this device and he provided his email address. I emailed him with the transcript and the info he needs. That was 6 hours ago.

Options

736 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: First Lenovo Experience - Terrible Customer Service

2019-06-13, 16:34 PM

Hi k33n5,

Welcome to the community forums.

This is not the kind of experience we want you to have and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message with the order number and your email address so we could follow up on your order? We'd like to help. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

06-11-2019

United States of America

20 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: First Lenovo Experience - Terrible Customer Service

2019-06-13, 17:02 PM

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out, I shot you a response. 

I hope we can resolve this quickly. 

Options

1 Posts

06-28-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:First Lenovo Experience - Terrible Customer Service

2021-06-28, 15:16 PM

I purchased 2 Lenovo laptops for work and one of them broke down. I cannot get in touch with anyone to have it fixed. All I can say is that I WILL NEVER BUY A LENOVO PRODUCT AGAIN! 

Options

54 Posts

06-10-2021

Australia

82 Signins

770 Page Views

• Views: 770
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:First Lenovo Experience - Terrible Customer Service

2021-06-29, 1:12 AM

With the experience  have had with Lenovo so far, I can assure the support staff here that I am not wasting my time and money on any product from Lenovo ever again. Poor products and pathetic service is all that you can offer. It was a mistake going for Lenovo when there were other brands that really care for their customers. Maybe I was blinded by the reputation Lenovo had with its association with the IBM brand name. I have a dead keyboard  like everyone else after a "critical firmware update" pushed by these guys and when you ask them for a fix all they can tell you is to reinstall the drivers or a much generic advice to reboot your system . Some of them even go on to tell you to have it sent for service when it is so clear that it was left dead after a firmware update. I have been asking for a copy of the previous firmware or at least another firmware update to  fix it but they would conveniently ignore it every time. How does Lenovo expect its customers to come back for another purchase when it treats them like trash. Carry on with this nonsense and I can see this company not only losing its existing customers but potential customers as well.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms