Options

4 Posts

08-22-2019

PH

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 5

Fixed: Legion Y520 Yellow Tint (check Lenovo Vantage app)

2019-08-22, 3:19 AM

Hello all,

Just wanted to share this fix because I had to go and watch a number of different videos and read on different forum boards but I still wasn't able to fix it and just a happy accident became my solution.

So here's my situation, my problem I just noticed upon using my laptop that a yellow tint suddenly fades in from my regular bluish tint and then it stays that way. I tried to reboot but same thing, a yellow tint suddenly fades in after a few seconds/minutes. I can confirm that my screen is ok as I tried booting in safe mode and my bluish tint shows up and stays.

Here are the facts with the different solutions I tried:

1. I could restore the regular blue tint with color management. But after reboot it would get back to yellow tint after a few seconds. Checking the color management section is still HAS the profile I selected as default.

2. Disabling Intel HD Graphics 630 removes yellow tint. I have assured that I have the latest version of the driver. I also have tried removing the said driver and resintalling from Lenovo support (which applies the yellow tint again.)

3. The Night Light mode of Windows 10 is disabled. If I enable it the screen gets even more yellow.

Fix:

I was about to do a full-on reset but decided to at least have a look at the Lenovo Vantage app just to double check if I missed any updates and I realised that they also have Hardware settings (screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ovvq9e)

Decided to check on it and saw Audio/Visual settings tab. (screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ovvqi3)

And lo and behold I found that it also has a eye care mode (same as the Night Light mode of windows: http://prntscr.com/ovvqt6)

So this fixed my problem...

1. Turn off eye care mode. It should restore the color temperature from 4500k to 6500k (by this time the regular bluish tint should be back.)

2. (Optional) I also turned off the Automatic Eye Care Mode. I don't want to see that yellow tint ever again. (or maybe for now.lol.)

3. (This won't be needed). But I also clicked the frinck'n Reset button just to be sure. :D

Did a couple of restarts and I can verify that this fixed my issue.

Options

1 Posts

03-13-2018

IT

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Fixed: Legion Y520 Yellow Tint (check Lenovo Vantage app)

2020-03-30, 13:08 PM
Many thanks... **bleep**ed app that by default apply this eye save mode.. There are a lot of graphic app by default, and all of this make me nervous... starting from the intel vga, then geforce panel, windows 10 display setting, and LENOVO Vantage... Some month ago i literally gone mad because can not apply 4k resolution by connecting to a 4k TV, even i use a 4k cable... I checked on all these app ma nothing result... The word was Intel panel/app... It seems that this vga had the priority in selecting the resolution ed does not support 4k... It seeem incredibile, we have a 1050gtx that support 4k and we can not change the resolution upper 1080p in a gaming notebook's 2018...
Options

2 Posts

05-07-2020

IN

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-05-07, 19:16 PM

Hi

At first I want to thank you from bottom of my heart.

I had a similar problem of yellow tint on my Lenovo Legion Y540. 

Initially I thought it could be night mode problem of the windows setting but it was not.

I tried updating Nvidia drivers couple of times.

as per your  really steps didn't work for my Lenovo Y540 but with little bit variation it worked.

go to Lenovo Vantage app

go to display and camera settings

then look for 

Click    to change the color temperature.

once you click on the link to will take you to Night light setting 

just turn it off or set it to maximum on the bar

This has worked for me.

I hope it would help someone who suffered like this for so many months.

if there is any better alternative support from Lenovo is welcome

regards 

Dr Nikhil Kandurwar

Options

4 Posts

08-22-2019

PH

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-05-12, 1:16 AM
Glad to be of help!
Options

4 Posts

08-22-2019

PH

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-05-12, 1:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the updated ways!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete