Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tutorial35
What's DOS?
Views: 294
Message 1 of 2

Freedos Y700 15ISK - win 7 does not recognize usb ports

Hey fellas,

I bought a y700 15ISK with no OS, so I had to install win 7. After successfully booting win 7 with USB stick, now on desktop, non of the usb ports seem to work and I cannot install drivers. (this model does not have DVDwr and I have already tried to plug in the ethernet cable yet it did not connect to network either.

I would appreciate If any of you ppl had a similar hassle and somehow figured it out.

Peace

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 272
Message 2 of 2

Re: Freedos Y700 15ISK - win 7 does not recognize usb ports

@Tutorial35 wrote:

I bought a y700 15ISK with no OS, so I had to install win 7. After successfully booting win 7 with USB stick, now on desktop, non of the usb ports seem to work and I cannot install drivers. (this model does not have DVDwr and I have already tried to plug in the ethernet cable yet it did not connect to network either.

Many of the devices in your Y700 are too new for Windows 7 to have drivers for them on the DVD or USB stick.  This affects: the USB2 sockets, the USB3 sockets, the ethernet socket, the wi-fi adapter, the bluetooth adapter.  Read the thread referenced below; the thread starter eventually found a way to install Windows 7 on his Y700 (see page 4):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-Brand-New-Dual-Boot-Windows-7-amp-Windows-...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors