Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fermoz
Punch Card
Views: 567
Message 1 of 3

GPU readings Lenovo y720 with 1060

Hi,

I have a Lenovo y720 laptop with a 1060 inside. However I'm having problems reading the GPU temp. When installing either MSI afterburner och GPU-Z the readings freezes every second going from 38c to 0c. This happens every second, jumping up and down. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

pranav_stefan
SCSI Port
Views: 552
Message 2 of 3

Re: GPU readings Lenovo y720 with 1060

@fermoz wrote:

Hi,

I have a Lenovo y720 laptop with a 1060 inside. However I'm having problems reading the GPU temp. When installing either MSI afterburner och GPU-Z the readings freezes every second going from 38c to 0c. This happens every second, jumping up and down. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

That is nothing abnormal mate. As far as i know that is NVIDIA limitation / feature. When GPU is not in use it goes to power saving state that is called P2 state. In this state it is not possible for any app to read temprature and many other parameters of GPU. It is designed that way and Lenovo would not and should not change that.

To confirm this start a game like GTA V and let it run and at the same time use apps like MSI afterburner or HWINFO to read temprature. It should show right tempratures. If not then it is a different problem.

If this answer helped please mark this post as solved by acceptiing my answer. Thanks

fermoz
Punch Card
Views: 540
Message 3 of 3

Re: GPU readings Lenovo y720 with 1060

Thank! That is it!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors