Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimble24
Paper Tape
Views: 1,422
Message 1 of 5

GTX 960M graphics driver crash y700

Recently when I try to play any games on my PC, I get about ten minutes of play before my entire screen freezes, and I recieve the following error message (worth noting is that I can rarely actually get to the error message; most times once my game crashes I recieve a notification sound- if I ctrl+alt+delete out I can attempt to open the task manager, but return to only a black screen).

"DirectX function "Dx11renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video cardhas been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M", Driver 37878. This error is usually caused by the graphics card crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB."

I first attempted to update drivers as suggested, but at the moment I first recieved the error the drivers were up to date (I've updated since as well), but the error is persistant. I then uninstalled the graphics drivers and went back from oldest to newest to no avail. Lastly, I completely reformatted my pc to factory setting, then updated again and am still recieving the error. Up until a few months agao I could play Dragon Age: Inquisition on ultra with absolutely no problems. The error is most persistant with the newly released Mass Effect: Anromeda, even with everything set to the lowest settings.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,348
Message 2 of 5

Re: GTX 960M graphics driver crash y700

Hey wimble24,

To make sure there's no issues with the hardware, can I get you to download Furmark and run the GPU stress test with default values?

http://www.geeks3d.com/dl/showd/522

Your GPU should level out in the low to mid 80s, and the driver shouldn't crash.

2017-03-21.png

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
wimble24
Paper Tape
Views: 1,329
Message 3 of 5

Ran the test, here are the full results. Had no issues with crashing.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,319
Message 4 of 5

Are you running this driver?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116348

Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
wimble24
Paper Tape
Views: 1,310
Message 5 of 5

I am yes, when using older drivers didn't work I went ahead and updated to the current release.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors