cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 19,100
Message 1 of 9

[GUIDE] Y700 How to enable two finger tap as Right Click in Win 10 [ELAN touchpads]

I am writing this guide as a reminder (for me too) for everyone who wants to enable "two finger tap for right click".

This guide is ONLY for laptops using an ELAN touchpad (not synaptics or anything else)

Be sure to know what you are doing. Messing around in the windows registry can be really dangerous. Do this at your own risk

1)Hit Win key + R to bring up RUN

2)Type regedit and hit Enter

3)Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Elantech\SmartPad

4)Find Tap_Two_Finger and change the value to 1

5)Find Tap_Two_Finger_Enable and change the value to 1

Close Registry and restart your computer. Now tapping two finger on the touchpad should act as a right click

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

newlaptop
Token Ring
Views: 19,018
Message 2 of 9

Re: [GUIDE] Y700 How to enable two finger tap as Right Click in Win 10 [ELAN touchpads]

Very nice; however, it is strange that ELAN does not offer that as an option that can be toggled from within their software directly. Mine goes from one finger to the three finger option.

Guru
Views: 19,008
Message 3 of 9

Re: [GUIDE] Y700 How to enable two finger tap as Right Click in Win 10 [ELAN touchpads]

Actually on my laptop there is the option for two finger tap but changing it from within the ELAN software has no effect at all :-/

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Rad-Rascal
Paper Tape
Views: 17,433
Message 4 of 9

I'm unable to change this control. Everytime I do and restart my laptop, it resets back to normal. Any new solution to this?

Guru
Views: 17,412
Message 5 of 9

I should mention that i 've tried this solution only with windows 10

Here are two things you can try:

A) Follow the steps on my first post and do not test double tap untill you restart

B) Follow the steps on my first post but this time before restarting go to "C:\Program Files\Elantech" and open

• ETDCtrl.exe
  • ETDCtrlHelper.exe
  • ETDIntelligent.exe

Hope this helps!

Rad-Rascal
Paper Tape
Views: 17,386
Message 6 of 9

After leaving my laptop alone for a few hours, it finally restarted and didn't reset. I think it was strugging to save because I had just updated my laptop. Thank you!

nightman
Paper Tape
Views: 10,093
Message 7 of 9

Μας έφτιαξες. Kudos!
zakkz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,305
Message 8 of 9

Thank you. Solution A worked in my case.

hellou
What's DOS?
Views: 1,995
Message 9 of 9

It worked by changing the regedit and doing A & B. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors