Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scaravella
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 1 of 4

Games stop after I close lid when connect to tv via hdmi

I recently got a new y720.  I have it setup to do nothing when I close the lid when plugged in.  Tonight I was playing a pc game, Castle Crashers, with my kids for about an hour and thought to close the lid so it wasnt playing on bit screens at once.  When I did the tv froze and then went to the windows desktop screen.  I could hear the game noises but couldnt see it, just the desktop.  I opened the lid and the game went back onto to the tv.  How can I make it so I can close the lid and have the game stay up on the tv and it not go to the desktop when I shut it?

Thanks!

AM_Y520
Broadband 3G
Views: 204
Message 2 of 4

Re: Games stop after I close lid when connect to tv via hdmi

hello there .. I think you need to put it on "Second Screen Only" mode  .. I'm not sure, but give it a try

1.png

scaravella
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response.  It does work, but I find it annoying that everytime I want to play a game on my tv I have to go in and turn on the second screen only option.  If I have it setup to do nothing when I shut the lid, I feel it should...do nothing.  

Highlighted
AM_Y520
Broadband 3G
Views: 158
Message 4 of 4

hello again .. first of all, please mark my first reply as a Solution so people know that this issue is solved and they know what to do if they faced the same problem ..

yes it's annoying, but it's how Windows works, it's not Lenovo's fault, and to activate "Second Screen Only" mode fast, there is a shortcut for that, press the Fn+F10 and choose what you want

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors