12-17-2019

US

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 4

HI i have a wifi problem with my new lenovo legion y530 laptop

2019-12-17, 22:33 PM

This is a problem that many people had before but i cant find the solution to it. I bought this laptop in august and since then, i got a wifi problem that every 10 or less minutes, the wifi disconnects for no reason. I tried to find the solutions in the forums but it doesnt help at all. i tried to update the drivers and nothing.  Sorry for my bad english. Thanks

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

399 Signins

10425 Page Views

• Views: 10425
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: HI i have a wifi problem with my new lenovo legion y530 laptop

2019-12-18, 13:22 PM

Hi Chris456!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Apologies for the trouble. Try uninstalling the current installed drivers on your computer and restart the computer. Test the connectivity again. 

If the issues persists, follow the steps provided here on this https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502846.

If the issue still persists, change the network settings on your router and set it to 802.11ac.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

12-17-2019

US

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-18, 19:15 PM

Hi Jerry, thanks for the answer. I have a question, when you said "uninstall the current installed drivers on your computer" What are the steps to do that? should i uninstall all the drivers from the photo i attach? or there are some other drivers i am not aware of?

thanks

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

399 Signins

10425 Page Views

• Views: 10425
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-19, 13:36 PM

wrote:

Hi Jerry, thanks for the answer. I have a question, when you said "uninstall the current installed drivers on your computer" What are the steps to do that? should i uninstall all the drivers from the photo i attach? or there are some other drivers i am not aware of?

thanks

Apologies, what I mean is by right clicking on Intel Wireless AC 9560 and click on uninstall. If it prompts to delete software drivers, put a mark on it and continue to uninstall. Restart the computer once done and test the connectivity without installing/updating any drivers. 

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete