09-17-2019

IT

14 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 1 of 2

Headphone Jack Impedance Y540

2020-09-22, 8:39 AM

hello, i was going to buy Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm, and i don't really know if i can run it on my laptop or i need an external audio system. dose the jack impedance support 80 Ohm?

thank u

Options

1073 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

128 Signins

5946 Page Views

• Views: 5946
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Headphone Jack Impedance Y540

2020-09-22, 9:02 AM

@ HKK wrote:

hello, i was going to buy Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm, and i don't really know if i can run it on my laptop or i need an external audio system. dose the jack impedance support 80 Ohm?

thank u

Hi HKK,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The headphones in question do state that they need amplification. Some headphones come with built in amps making it easier to connect them to devices.

Standard headphone jack impedances are typically between 0.1 to 24 ohm in regular device jacks. While there are no specific hard rules, I'd say that if you exceed 50 ohm or higher, a headphone amplifier is the best and safest way to go. If your device is 32 Ohm or below, which I believe is the standard on most consumer audio device. You are in the green.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete