Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

09-30-2019

Norway

36 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 1 of 1

Help With Clicking Fans Legion Y730 Laptop

2019-10-26, 16:21 PM

My laptop, a Lenovo Legion Y730, does a clicking/creaking noise every time the fans start to spin. Automatic thermal managment allows the fans to stop, but why the horrible clicking noise when they start up? Bad quality fans? Badly programmed BIOS? Motherboard going to motherboard heaven? It happens without fail. CLICK fans start and stop. CLICKCLICK fans start and stop. From time to time, they don't even start. They just CLIRRCKCLICK and do nothing. I can't be doing anything quiet without the background CLICKCLICK from the fans. It's insane. Can anyone out there figure out a way to create a software to manage the fans? Can someone out there reach Lenovo engineers to do an update to the BIOS for this model. How did this went thru quality control? Did you see how many CLICKS there are on this text? Because, in 60 seconds, that's how many times it did while i was just browsing the web, aproximately the time you'll take to read this text. You REALLY don't want that on your desk. Lenovo, are you listening: Link

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms