Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

07-02-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 61 of 91

Re:How to disable or change RGB profile during start up - Legion 7i

2021-07-03, 6:18 AM

I received my 16" 5 pro today and tomorrow I'll be dropping it off at UPS. I had high hopes for this product but as I see this issue goes back almost 2 months I've lost faith in Lenovo as the swirling changing of colors every second is really annoying and near as I can see the Lenovo employees are not even commenting on this issue.

Update: this issue actually goes back a year on this thread.  Does anybody at Lenovo care?  Does the CEO ever read these forum threads?

Options

10995 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26851 Signins

587735 Page Views

• Views: 587735
  • Message 62 of 91

2021-07-06, 12:37 PM

Hi all,

I keep following this thread and I can confirm that I have made the gaming BU and the developers aware of the request from this discussion, but unfortunately I haven't received any update yet. I will definitely keep monitoring this topic and will continue reminding our technicians about the request to modify this behavior.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

1 Posts

07-07-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 63 of 91

2021-07-07, 21:44 PM

This is a shame.  I was considering buying a Legion 7 today but I don't want to have a light show kick off every time I start up the device.

Options

34 Posts

07-02-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 64 of 91

2021-07-08, 0:46 AM

Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones where you can turn it off, or it's stuck with no lights at al...

Better to hold off I think.  Lenovo has rushed this product and seems not to have a competent testing program or config control.  Sad, because it's a nice package for the money, but having to spend days or weeks sifting through forums and google searches to fix a new machine is absurd.  You have to wonder who's in charge.

Options

42 Posts

04-30-2021

Netherlands

46 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 65 of 91

2021-07-08, 11:36 AM

There is one on the 2021 version, but the icue software keeps resetting it when plugins is set to true and the software is started.

In order to disable the rgb on startup do these steps:

1. Disable plugins in ICUE or uninstall the ICUE software.

2. Set a hardware lighting mode by pressing fn + space to the sound mode.

3. Make sure the lighting is turned down by pressing fn + arrow down.

Unless lenovo goes after corsair to solve this issue for ICUE version 3, we are forced to get rid of the RGB at all times.

Options

8 Posts

03-02-2021

Czech Republic

17 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 66 of 91

2021-07-15, 9:15 AM

Hehe, I wasn't here for 3 months and completely NOTHING has moved forward.. It's nice show how Lenovo give a **bleep** about this.. They knew they screwed up but still focusing on releasing new model rather than repair mistake in one year old thing..

I bet in new model for this year, rainbow effects will be completely removed or customizable and Lenovo will boast themselves how great and modern device they have released :D

Ciao, have a nice summer:)

Options

34 Posts

07-02-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 67 of 91

2021-07-15, 12:16 PM

I received my credit card refund a couple days ago and will likely cross Lenovo off my list.  This inattention and lack of status updating is bad.  At least they could tell us what the issue is, what they're doing about it and when they expect a new driver to roll out, but no, we get crickets.

Options

1 Posts

07-24-2021

Russian Federation

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 68 of 91

2021-07-24, 6:46 AM

I bought the legion 7 recently. Before reading this forum, unfortunately. And the RGB lighting on startup really p**s me off. Lenovo should be more client oriented not only before, but also after purchase.

Options

34 Posts

07-02-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 69 of 91

2021-07-24, 11:52 AM

This tread goes back almost a year to the day.  A YEAR!  It would seem that Lenovo software engineers or management either doesn't scan these forums for issues or maybe considers this a feature and not worth their time to fix.

Lenovo just doesn't seem to be customer oriented.  If this was a bug in their ordering system they'd have it fixed in a day.

Options

9 Posts

04-14-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 70 of 91

2021-07-28, 15:55 PM

I received my Legion 7i gen 6 today and would also like the ability to shut down the RGB at startup. I see no way to simply set static white keys with no bottom or back lights. I will use this in an office environment and do not need all of the flashing lights, but there seems no way to customize to this extent. I have uninstalled the Corsair software and am using no lights on the keyboard at the moment because no option that I can find will let me JUST use lights on the keyboard (and not on the back panel and bottom lights). Please provide us a fix for this. Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms