Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

11-03-2020

Romania

30 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 81 of 92

Re:How to disable or change RGB profile during start up - Legion 7i

2021-08-17, 12:38 PM

You are very lucky. On my Legion 7 (81YT) that iCue trick didn't work. In fact any trick didn't work except Fn+Space (4 times) at each boot to keep a single color.

Options

9 Posts

04-14-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 82 of 92

2021-08-17, 13:07 PM

I solved this problem by returning the laptop to Lenovo. This problem plus others were just too much for me.

Options

21 Posts

03-31-2021

Netherlands

21 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 83 of 92

2021-08-18, 20:07 PM

Great tip! Killing iCue.exe keeps the last single color state. It even survives a reboot. It DOES NOT survive a shutdown and start.

My solution so far.

• Install iCue 4.11.274

• Adjust colors to suit your preference. Stick to solid colors - animated effects do not work.

• Create a textfile "killicue.cmd" with the following content powershell -window minimized -command "timeout 5 ; taskkill /IM 'icue.exe' /F"
  • Move the file "killicue.cmd" to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
  • Reboot to test it. It basically kills iCue after reboot so keep iCue autostart enabled!
  • Pray Lenovo fixes this problem and Never buy Lenovo again.

ProTip! I've also disabled ALL Corsair windows services. 0 required for static colors!

Options

1 Posts

08-19-2021

Canada

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 84 of 92

2021-08-19, 10:47 AM

@ john0997 wrote:

I got my Legion 7i gen 6 today and would like to be able to disable RGB at startup. I don't see a way to just set up static white keys with no backlighting on the bottom or back. I will be using it in an office environment and for white orchid slot game , and I need all the flashing lights, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it up to that degree. I uninstalled the Corsair software and currently don't use the backlight on the keyboard because no option I can find allows me to use the backlight only on the keyboard (and not on the back and bottom backlight). Please provide us with a solution to this problem. Thank you.

I was so frustrated that I just bought another one to play with and left this one for better times. 

Options

2 Posts

09-01-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 30
  • Message 85 of 92

2021-09-01, 23:01 PM

Currently waiting a month for a 5 Pro rather than an in-stock 7 because of this issue and the lack of speaker sound in linux (Lenovo just need to publish the pins for the amp). I'd prefer the 7 otherwise, but these are the difference between a machine I'll be happy with and a machine that I'll regret buying every time I turn it on.

Options

6 Posts

03-13-2021

Bulgaria

14 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 86 of 92

2021-09-07, 17:43 PM

HI @Juraj_Lenovo  

I believe more than enough time has passed since this thread is active and yet no official commitment has been made from Lenovo's side. Could you please escalate this issue further? What is needed so that we finally see some commitment from Lenovo...

This device is a premium laptop and people have paid a good money for it, why does it take so long for the dev team to solve this issue? It's not a major feature request and people are clearly not very happy how Lenovo handles this. What's the reason? Is this at least in the dev team's backlog? 

Could you please comment and give an estimate when this will be finally fixed? 

regards, 

Stefan

Options

1 Posts

07-16-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 87 of 92

2021-09-15, 4:15 AM

This is ridiculous I've spent over 5 hours trying to resolve this issue of having my computer start without the FREAKING RAINBOW SPIRAL and still have a functional fun icue settings work for me using SDK option and etc.
This is my first day with the brand new laptop I waited MONTHS to get and I am so upset that such a small mistake like this HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HECK!!?!?!?!??!?!

Please Lenovo just update the software so it doesn't reset back to rainbow spiral upon shutdown and reboot and startups. I don't understand why this has been a problem for many years without a solution I'm seriously thinking about sending my product back because I do NOT like having rainbow spirals upon every reboot come on Lenovo seriously???!

Options

34 Posts

07-02-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 88 of 92

2021-09-15, 12:35 PM

I don't blame you at all.  What's so frustrating is that Lenovo leadership seems clueless as to what's happening and giving the impression that they just don't care.  This has been going on I believe for a year and there has been no definitive statement as to what the cause is and the plan to fix it.

I take it you have an AMD unit as that's what I've read is having the issue.  The one I had was the AMD with 16K memory, 2T SSD and the 3070.  It was a 5 pro.   It cost about $1900.

I couldn't take it and sent it back.  Several weeks later Costco started carrying a 5 pro with the Intel CPU, 16K,  500G SSD and a 3050 for $1300 (which includes an extended manufacturers 3 yr. warranty).  I bought it and am very happy with it, and am typing on it now.  Check your local Costco as they probably have it and the KB light controls work.

Lenovo has really dropped the ball on this and it's too bad the engineers won't tell the tech and forum community what they're doing to fix it.  Recently I've heard that it's both a motherboard issue as well as a driver issue.  I also think that somebody sent one back and it was fixed.

Good luck.

Options

12 Posts

06-01-2021

Australia

11 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 89 of 92

2021-09-16, 22:41 PM

If you have a 2021 model, there are a couple of tricks you can use to get rid of the rainbow swirl at startup.

Option 1: Customize RGB then stop iCUE from running again

This will save your colors to built-in preset #2 (what was Cyan) and will persist between reboots and sleep.

Cycling between the other presets (FN+Space) won't work properly (the colors get mixed up) but changing brightness (FN+UP/DOWN) works.

- Disable all the iCUE background services

- Load iCUE and customize the RGB (choose only solid colors). 

- Disable autostart in settings

- Terminate the iCUE process from command prompt or bat file with taskkill.exe /F /T /IM icue.exe

[Optional] Uninstall iCUE

- To change the colors again, load iCUE, make your changes and kill the process before quitting.

Option 2: Customize RGB before exiting Windows

If you wish to use iCue while in Windows, but want to set a custom RGB scheme during boot / shutdown, I created a small program to do this. Have a look at this reddit post for more details.

For more ideas, refer to this post and this post.

It is indeed disappointing that this has not been addresses by Lenovo more directly and customers have to discover these hacks and workarounds.

Options

34 Posts

07-02-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 90 of 92

2021-09-17, 0:23 AM

As I pointed out above, after I sent my Legion 5 pro back about 6 weeks ago, I bought another version of the 5 pro at Costco:

Intel i7-11800H 8 core

3050 GPU

500 GB SSD

and most importantly, the keyboard lights can be turned off :)

Anyway it was $1299 and today I was in Costco I noticed that they dropped it by $200 to $1099 plus tax.  I returned mine and picked one of these up.

It was a great deal at $1299 and it's incredible at $1099.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)