Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-24-2017

Canada

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 3

How to know my laptop package is sealed and was not opened?

2017-05-24, 19:01 PM

Recently I ordered a legion laptop. After shipping when I receive it, how do I know the package is sealed and was not opened before? Will the box be wrapped with plastic? I mean how would be the seal? How to check the seal is okay?

Answer
Options

9742 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26703 Signins

577644 Page Views

• Views: 577644

Re: How to know my laptop package is sealed and was not opened?

2017-05-25, 7:20 AM

Hi Aapon,

the product package should look like this:

[oldimg]jpg[/oldimg]

The seal is placed on the top of the package where its being opened and looks like this:

[oldimg]jpg[/oldimg]

As you can see, its visible on the left side of the seal that it has been peeled off once. After doing this, there's no way to get the seal "unwrinkled" or tape it back on so it looks like new. It's an industry standard that seals are designed this way. Also, on the surface which has been sealed off, the word "Lenovo" becomes apparent.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

9742 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26703 Signins

577644 Page Views

• Views: 577644
  • Message 2 of 3

2017-05-25, 7:20 AM

Hi Aapon,

the product package should look like this:

The seal is placed on the top of the package where its being opened and looks like this:

As you can see, its visible on the left side of the seal that it has been peeled off once. After doing this, there's no way to get the seal "unwrinkled" or tape it back on so it looks like new. It's an industry standard that seals are designed this way. Also, on the surface which has been sealed off, the word "Lenovo" becomes apparent.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

01-19-2019

United States of America

16 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 3 of 3

2019-02-14, 4:29 AM

hello - i have the same issue about whether my online order was opened....

the packaging looks as if it may have been tampered with, the creases and corners don't align cleanly and when i finally opened it up... my laptop did not have any additional plastic wrap or seal for added insurance beyond the questionable seal in the photo.

customer service indicated this was normal since the laptop is opened to check for damage before shipping, but when i order something directly from the manufacturer i would think there are stricter quality assurance standards to prevent tampering...

is this Lenovo's standard protocol for shipping?  i have more photos and i recorded the unboxing since i wasn't sure my order was legite.  any feedback would be much appreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms