Options

47 Posts

04-15-2018

HU

95 Signins

956 Page Views

• Views: 956
  • Message 1 of 12

Hungarian repair center (TMX) ruined my new laptop making it useless, requesting help from Lenovo

2018-05-31, 16:22 PM

Dear Lenovo,

The Hungarian repair service center - TMX - ruined my new Y700-15ISK laptop making it useless, and I am requesting your help because I was unable to negotiate with them a proper solution.

I sent my brand new Y700-15ISK laptop to TMX because the right side of the display was darker than the left side, which turned out to be a backlight issue, as I described it here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Y700-15ISK-right-half-of-screen-darker/td-p/4044946

They replaced the original matte display with a different type which is faulty and bad quality: glossy instead of matte and with poor backlight, bad quality with shade issues and thicker front glass, with 5 pixel errors at least, also the display flickers - making the laptop useless.
They also scratched the laptop in multiple places on the display back panel despite me asking them to take good care of this expensive and new laptop.
They replaced the original display with a different P/N (and worse) display despite their Lenovo-given instructions saying that they must replace parts with the same type or better (which they told me earlier before sending in the laptop).
Their conduct is not acceptable, they lack quality control as well.

Glossy replacement display (without matte film):
http://i63.tinypic.com/2u7yn7o.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2i9phxw.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/30k3vq9.jpg

Pixel errors (5 altogether at least):
http://i67.tinypic.com/2ilhlxf.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ldunv9.jpg

Flickering:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DC3t7NV9afwS1gR-pFVBgSnjxsRCjTOt/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r6vN5wIM0oPcxaUIOR-1U2GXQcXcZ_B_/view?usp=sharing

Scratches TMX caused:
http://i64.tinypic.com/4ttv6s.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/64jn0k.jpg

I asked them to send me a replacement display that has no quality issues and that is the same type (P/N) or send me back the original display the laptop came with if no proper replacement is available and that they should send me a back panel replacement or reimbursement to my bank account from which I can buy a new back panel - they were not willing to.

Because they do not follow their Lenovo-given instructions, they do damage and lack proper quality control, and because they were not willing to send me their detailed internal processes and repair instructions Lenovo gave them which they kept referring to and which would reassure me that they would perform a proper second repair attempt, I cannot be expected to trust them and send them the laptop again and risk even more damage.
(There are multiple precedences for this, they have caused severe damage to multiple laptops unsuspecting Lenovo customers sent them for a fix, which can be read on various internet forums.)
They were even unwilling to tell me whether they can get a proper display replacement from Lenovo of the same type my laptop came with in case I would send the laptop to them again for a second repair attempt.

Because of these, I would like to replace the faulty/damaged parts of the laptop myself.

Requests to Lenovo:

Send me a replacement display without any quality issues (such as pixel errors or backlight error) of the following type which my laptop originally came with:
Full HD, matte, IPS, 3D camera, Y700-15ISK, non-touch display
Samsung
P/N: 5D10H29267
FRU: 5D10H29267
LTN156HL09

Send me a display back panel replacement or a reimbursement (10812 HUF) from which I can buy a replacement online.

Exact laptop type: Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK FHD IPS LED 80NV00X3HV

Thank you in advance,
Andras

Options

330 Posts

01-23-2009

FI

653 Signins

6745 Page Views

• Views: 6745
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Hungarian repair center (TMX) ruined my new laptop making it useless, requesting help from Lenov

2018-05-31, 17:38 PM

Hi András,

Your support experience sounds terrible. But please know that this is a community run support forum. Most of us do not work for Lenovo. You might get the attention of a Lenovo employee, but this is not an official support channel.

Did you try to contact Lenovo Hungary directly?

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | YOGA C630 WOS
Options

47 Posts

04-15-2018

HU

95 Signins

956 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

Re: Hungarian repair center (TMX) ruined my new laptop making it useless, requesting help from Lenov

2018-05-31, 22:37 PM

Hi Lenard,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, Lenovo Hungary has no customer support I am aware of, they do not even have an official email I could write to.

That is why I am contacting this forum in hope Lenovo employees see my cry for help and can get my problem resolved.

There is no other way for me to contact Lenovo from Hungary.

(Where are you from by the way?)

I would appreciate help from Lenovo to restore my brand new laptop's usability.

Thanks,

András

Options

5032 Posts

04-19-2012

SK

7904 Signins

305164 Page Views

• Views: 305164
  • Message 4 of 12

2018-06-01, 8:34 AM

Hi ,

Can you send me all info related to the case via private message.

Please include, name, contact info, serial number, mtm, case number with local service provider.

Miguel Gonzalez
EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Options

5032 Posts

04-19-2012

SK

7904 Signins

305164 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2018-06-01, 15:09 PM

Have reviewed case information and TMX has asked you to send the machine in order to investigate the complaints.

They informed me you have refused. If you are not willing to work with repair center it is really difficult to help.

Please arrange the shipment with them so that the issue can be sorted out.

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Options

47 Posts

04-15-2018

HU

95 Signins

956 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2018-06-01, 20:54 PM

Dear Miguel,

As mentioned in my first post briefly, I have refused to send the laptop back to TMX for a second repair attempt because of the following reasons:

- They do not follow the instructions given to them by Lenovo: They replaced the original matte display with a different P/N much worse flickering glossy display with pixel errors, despite their Lenovo-given instructions saying that they must replace parts with the same type or better (which they told me earlier before sending in the laptop and which is written in the legal warranty statement issued by Lenovo).
- They did not even inform me that they would want to put a different display type into the laptop and did not ask me whether I want the display replacement at all in these conditions.
- They do damage to the products they handle without any compensation to the customers. Not just mine, but also many other people's laptops and phones have been scratched and cracked by them, often times making them useless.
- These suggest they do not use quality control in their processes or their quality control fails. This is unacceptable.
- They said they would investigate the laptop once I send it back to them again. They should have investigated it properly before sending it back to me during the quality control step, in the first place. Their quality investigation is ineffective. Whether they completely lack quality control or their quality control does not function properly, their investigation is ineffective and no product should be sent into their work process.
- Upon my inquiry on whether they can obtain a proper replacement display from Lenovo of the same type that came with my laptop at all, they refused to give me any concrete information or reassurance.
If they cannot, it makes no sense to send the laptop back to them.
- They gave me no reassurance that they will replace the bad display or the scratched display back panel if I send the laptop back to them, all they said is that they would investigate the issue and talk to their colleagues.
- Upon my request to send me the documentation for their detailed work processes and Lenovo-given instructions (which they kept referring to all the time) which would reassure me that a second repair attemt may work out well and the correct replacement parts would be built into the laptop, they refused to send the documentation to me saying it is "confidential."

Because of these, I cannot be expected to further work with them and send my laptop back to them for a second repair attempt into an unknown process that offers no guarantee and that in practice damaged my product and may further damage it and that damaged the products of many other people as well, without receiving any compensation.
I cannot be expected to tolerate their repair attempts lasting for months while I am unable to use the laptop either.

However, Lenovo and TMX are expected to provide the proper replacement parts for me to be able to restore the functionality of my laptop and send me a proper replacement display of the same type my laptop came with that has no quality issues and an undamaged display back panel (or its value to my bank account from which I can buy one online).

My repeated requests to Lenovo:

I.
Send me a replacement display without any quality issues (such as pixel errors or backlight error) of the following type which my laptop originally came with:
Full HD, matte, IPS, 3D camera, Y700-15ISK, non-touch display
Samsung
P/N: 5D10H29267
FRU: 5D10H29267
LTN156HL09

If no such display is available anymore, I may accept one that is exactly the same in ALL properties but the P/N, that is: Full HD, matte, same IPS display technology without shading issues, same backlight strength (and not weak like the replacement one), 3D camera, Y700-15ISK, non-touch, thin plexi glass (and not thick like the replacement one) display. (Obviously, without quality issues such as pixel errors or backlight error).

If none of these is available, then send back the original display unit my laptop came with in the same undamaged excellent condition I sent it in to TMX built into the laptop, for me to be able to restore the original state of the laptop.

II.
Send me a display back panel replacement or a reimbursement (10812 HUF) from which I can buy a replacement online.

Exact laptop type: Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK FHD IPS LED 80NV00X3HV

Thank you in advance,
Andras

Options

5032 Posts

04-19-2012

SK

7904 Signins

305164 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2018-06-04, 8:47 AM

Unfortunately, by refusing to send your laptop back in order to verify claim you are essentially refusing support. From my side, nothing more can be done. Hope you reconsider.

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Slovakia

Options

47 Posts

04-15-2018

HU

95 Signins

956 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2018-06-04, 9:56 AM

Dear Miguel,

May I ask you what needs verification?
- I have posted photos and videos about the bad repair TMX performed ruining my laptop as clear evidence.
- TMX must know the exact type of display that they built into my laptop and that it is a far worse/bad quality replacement than the original display the laptop came with.

Do you want me to post more photos and videos as evidence?
I can take the laptop and show it to any Hungarian Lenovo representative in person if you want (if there is any).
Would that be enough verification?
(Note: Even personal contact is impossible with TMX.)

Thanks in advance,
Andras

Options

47 Posts

04-15-2018

HU

95 Signins

956 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2018-11-05, 20:42 PM

After the completion of a legal process between me and TMX, TMX told me they can replace the screen of the laptop with the following P/N only, which Lenovo can provide: 5D10K81625

However, TMX cannot confirm whether it has the exact same features as the original screen and told me to contact Lenovo for confirmation.

So I am hereby asking Lenovo to confirm whether the above screen is: Full HD, matte, IPS, 3D camera, Y700-15ISK, non-touch, coming with bezel/frame attached (and not just the standalone display that has to be glued to the bezel/frame).

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Andras

Options

7 Posts

10-04-2018

HU

67 Signins

423 Page Views

• Views: 423
  • Message 10 of 12

2018-12-06, 13:37 PM

Hello,

I contact Adras in e-mail because the Hungarian service (TMX Mobile Soultion Kft.) is scratched to my Laptop and can't help for my issue.

I did order my machine in 2018/08/22 (With Windows 10, and all drivers), after some day, when I start some application (Example: Multi Theft Auto, Tanki Online, Google Chrome), the System Interruptions in the Task Manager usage me High CPU (About 20-30%). This issue it lasted until I reboot the machine. I try ask for help to Microsoft support, Nvidia support (May graphics card problem), but they can't to slove my problem. I re-install the windows 2-3 times, but issue is always back.

I decided, that write the Hungarian service. I send my Laptop for service (2018/10/13) and they changed the Hard disk (Lenovo installed the Windows 10 for all drivers). I got back the laptop, but issue is again back, and....!!!

When I start to play, I see the Display is working wrong, I made video for this:

https://youtu.be/9xQO2RCgYFY

After about 2-3 day, the Windows made "Large Windows Update" and after the issue is sloved.

Display frame damaged: https://prnt.sc/li9jj0

I send  the Laptop for service, that check the Display, and they said me that flawless (Since then, it really works flawlessly)

When I got back the laptop 2nd time, I checked, but System Interruptions issue is always back, and the Touch-Pad is worked bad, I made video for this:

https://youtu.be/mXa5QmCf7DA

They wrote for worksheet, thet the Machine "envelope is scratched"

I really don't understand, how can they made this...

(When I got back the laptop (2nd time), I don't saw this scratched)

I again sent the Laptop for service, 3rd times beacuse the Touch-Pad is not working and the System Interruptions always uage High CPU.

They tell me, that is sure that Software or Driver problem and they can't help for me... I was really puzzled, because can't use my laptop a lot of application, because issue us always back and reduced to my FPS.

And... Today I seeing, that envelope is really scratched!

Screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/lrigmi

http://prntscr.com/lrigxw

My machine model: Lenovo Y520-15IKBN

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete