Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
smbarrionuevo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 468
Message 1 of 3

I want a recovery disc for my Y700(I live on argentina)

Hello, my name is Sebastian, I live in Buenos Aires Argentina. I have a lenovo ideapad Y700 and we need a CD Recovery because the HD is crush.

I bought the laptop on Argentina but in the page of lenovo say this laptop is from USA. I called to lenovo latinoameria and he say "we don't send the CD because the Laptop is from USA".

I need change the HD and the CD Recovery, I buy the Y700 on 10/2016( it's on garanty). Can you help me to contact to the suport of USA(on Spanish or english?), email, skype, etc.

Thanks 

Guru
Views: 445
Message 2 of 3

Re: I want a recovery disc for my Y700(I live on argentina)

Hi smbarrionuevo

With Windows 10 there is not much need of a Recovery CD made by the manufacturer. Just get the ISO image from Microsoft. You can even make an USB install flash. Just install a fresh Windows 10 on your machine and let Windows update to do their work. It will grab the Windows CD-Key directly from the UEFI BIOS too, so Windows will be activated too.

After that run and install Lenovo Companion and it will update the required drivers on your machine. If something else is missing it will be good to visit the support page of you model to download any utility or driver manually.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Guru
Views: 421
Message 3 of 3

Re: I want a recovery disc for my Y700(I live on argentina)

Yes, there is no need of a recovery disc. Get the microsoft usb tool and create a usb with windows 10.

Install windows 10 (without entering Key - SKIP IT) and after installation log in to your original microsoft account (if you had any before).

That is it. You dont need a recovery disc from Lenovo.

Also, if a HDD crash during warranty Lenovo should cover it and replace it for you. Did you contact warranty services?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors