Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DOM11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,395
Message 1 of 8

Ideapad Y700 - 15ISK - Screen problem / Orange shade

Hello,

I'd like to ask, if any of Y700 user faced same or similar problem, with orange/yellowish shade/tint on the screen?
Problem started 3 months ago, it was a really hot weather outside, computer was working fine, and then after a few moments it appeard. I doub't that it was me, who damaged a screen, because i'm really gentle, when using it.
I bought a notebook at the beginning of this year. It is still on a warranty. I already tried send on a warranty to a serivce for repair ( i think, company is called MEDION (at least for lenovo devices bought in Poland), but they send it back, with a reason that "they couldn't achive same problem in their test enviroment" which is really strange, because problem appears everytime notebook is working. 

Any suggestion what i can do? Should i send it back again on the warranty, hoping that this time, they will be able to see a defect? What was the root cause of a problem? I don't won't to leave it like that, because notebook wasn't cheap, and except a screen issue, notebook is amazing. But it is really hard and annoying to use it like that.

Attached screens, look at the bottom right corner. Orange shade is most intense in this place. But you can see it also, througthru all the bottom and right edge.
WP_20160828_19_47_46_Pro.jpgWP_20160828_20_35_55_Pro.jpg

Thank you for any advices.

KarolisLnv
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,337
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideapad Y700 - 15ISK - Screen problem / Orange shade

What are then results on a pitch black backround or other colors?

Regarding the sevice and warranty, I feel you a lot. Bought my Y700 a week ago in Lithuania. Notebook runs perfectly and have no complaints regarding it. However on black backrounds I noticed some backlight bleeding on the bottom line.

I called the service company responsible for Lenovo Tech here in LTU. They told me it is totally acceptable and Lenovo does not aknowledge this as a problem. I wanted to send the notebook to them anyway, however before doing that I checked reviews of other owners who serviced their notebooks. Believe it or not, there was not even a single good reviews given in the last 2 years. Not sure how Lenovo sets service agreenments in smaller countries with 3rd party companies, but here it's definitely a problem.

DOM11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,330
Message 3 of 8

On pitch black everything is fine. Tendency is like that - the more lighter color of a background - an orange shade is more visible. Also, it is more visible after few hours of notebook running - i think it is connected with a temperature.

jluisfgarza
Paper Tape
Views: 1,303
Message 4 of 8

Got the same problem! I take a lot of care on this investment, the problem began 2 weeks ago... yesterday it appeared all around the screen borders. Let me know if you find a solution/repair to this problem.

IMG_4286.JPG

IMG_4287.JPG

Weronimo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,243
Message 5 of 8

In your first picture I see brighter area (small approx. 5mm diameter, on the left). I don't have orange stains on my Lenovo Y700 [yet ;-)] , but I had such a brighter bright stains on my ASUS screen (after 1 year I had 5 stains with diameter 10-15mm). ASUS service exchanged my screen within warranty. If Lenovo service can't see this orange stains maybe they will see this white one?

If it is about Lenovo Poland they send devices to Germany (MEDION?). Currently they have mine Y700-15-ISK - one of reported issues was my screen - first I thought I found lots of bad pixels (20 or more), but they change color, appear and disappear when I observe it from different directions. Have you noticed anything like this on your Y700 screens? For me it is a dust between LCD and protecting glass (see pictures below) but since there is plenty of it, it's really annoying.

y700_dust2.jpgDust or bad pixels?

Weronimo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,233
Message 6 of 8

You may also try to send your notebook via your reseller. My reseller in Poland (X-KOM) prepares a report with you when you bring your device for a warranty repair. The consultant will describe the problem, so at least there is confirmation that it is visible and maybe Lenovo service will try looking more carefully. I suppose that also attaching pictures would help, but probably you did it when you were sending it for the first time (Lenovo Poland asked me for pictures when I was reporting my problems to technical support).

If it is about root cause of your "orange stains" the overheating is probable (color change into orange like burnt a little), but, in my opinion, it isn't a user fault but it is a manufacturer's fault, because cooling is insufficent (unless you left it in the full sun for a few hours, but then it would be probably visible on the housing). Since the Y700 screen is covered with the glass, the cooling is probably more difficult than in other models. But cover glass also protects your screen from mechanical damage, so I can't see the way you would made these defects by inproper cleaning, touching or pushing the screen.

Good luck Smiley Happy

jluisfgarza
Paper Tape
Views: 1,148
Message 7 of 8

where you able to repair it?
manom18x
Paper Tape
Views: 1,131
Message 8 of 8

I haven the same pronlem as you. I found seven marks and they are all under the antiglare protection. 

I dont know if they will recognise this as a problem to open a repair case. Please let me know if they will accept your laptop to repair or not. 

Top Kudoed Authors