Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piter0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 791
Message 1 of 7

Ideapad Y700-17ISK can't enter BIOS, Hard Disk not detected

Hi. Today without any reason, while updating a game, my laptop turned off and began restarting. Than I got error about EFI IPv4, IPv6. After entering BIOS (via NOVO button) i found that Hard disk is not detected. After few tries of changing boot options I asked BIOS to Load default settings, pressed "save and exit". Than i got new message (picture below). After this, laptop is restarting all the time (just Lenovo graphic appears) and I CAN'T enter BIOS by NOVO button. Dont know how to use power drain on this model since there is no removable battery. Laptop shout down after 1 single touch od power button.

P.S: all the time Hard Drive light in front of laptop is OFF, only "Power" and "Charging" lights are ON. But in time when i got message (picture below) the Hard Drive light turned ON. Now it's all the time off again. Can't enter BIOS to see is hard drive detected again.

Highlighted
sgizmo
Punch Card
Views: 778
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ideapad Y700-17ISK can't enter BIOS, Hard Disk not detected

if you have usb or dvd with windows instaliation try press F12 and choce how to boot..

piter0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 773
Message 3 of 7

The problem is I can't even enter boot menu (tried F2, F11, F12 and combined with Fn button)

CataF
802.11n
Views: 741
Message 4 of 7

Unplug it and keep the power button pressed for 45 seconds 

piter0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 735
Message 5 of 7

Ok so I dissembled the flap unhooked HDD and NOVO button and BIOS is working again. After turning on power I can feel on my hand that Hard Drive is vibrating and i can hear its working. But BIOS still can't see it

piter0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 724
Message 6 of 7

My next step was connecting my HDD to another laptop and I got black screen saying there is no boot device enabled. Than i connected working HDD to my laptop and it couldnt run system (again EFI Network blue errors) but I could see it in BIOS. 

What's most interesting? When I connect "broken" HDD to my laptop and try to run bootable USB key witch Windows I can see BIOS detect my "broken" HDD. So what the hell is going on??

RothmanJ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 705
Message 7 of 7

The problem is I can't even enter boot menu.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors