Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TouchTheSky
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad Y900 HDMI Stops Working after Update VGA Drivers

I have tried updating the VGA drivers today for my Ideapad Y900 (GTX 980M) from the ones in the Lenovo website that date back from 2016 to the newest Nvidia drivers (to this date, version 416.34). However, after updating the drivers, the HDMI connection no longer works. Whenever I try to duplicate or extend the screen, the settings don't save, always getting locked on the primary/laptop's screen only.

I did a driver rollback and it went back to work ok.

Can Lenovo please brings us newer certified drivers for the Y900? This is a top-of-the-line laptop and it's not an old laptop to just have stopped getting new drivers since its release!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 116
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad Y900 HDMI Stops Working after Update VGA Drivers

Hello TouchTheSky,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums. Did you try downloading the updates from NVIDIA driver download website? If not, here's the link: 

https://lnv.gy/2EWmVtR. Product series should be 900M product is GTX 980M. Then try restarting the computer unplug and replug the HDMI after reboot then test it. 

We appreciate your feedback hopefully this works if not we'll keep you posted once an update is available. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

TouchTheSky
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 3 of 4

Hello Hassen, thanks for getting back to me. That is exactly how i got the 416.34 drivers i mentioned. So i had to roll back to 368.71.

I had also previously tried to update to 381.78 in 2017, and it had led to another problem: when the screen went off while idle, when coming back from idle it would look blurry and pixelated. Rolling back again fixed the problem.

I think you (Lenovo) need to make new updated compatible drivers, guys. It's way too soon to stop support for Y900, and new games keep asking (even as a requirement sometimes) for more recent drivers. And having a laptop with such great specifications but not being able to make the best use of it because of driver limitations... it's quite a bummer.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

TouchTheSky
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 4 of 4

@Hassen_Lenovo any feedback on this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors