Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HimadriK
Paper Tape
Views: 391
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad y700 battery drains to 6% from 50% in a second

I got a new Y700 Ideapad a month back and the batterry has been draining to 6% every time it reaches below 50% in a second. Started happening when I turned on the Lenovo Power Manager settings to conservative mode. FYI: I donot keep it plugged in after it reaches full charge.

Any help is appreciated. Much Thanks,

Himadri

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 304
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad y700 battery drains to 6% from 50% in a second

Hi HimadriK, 

Can you check in Lenovo Settings if the battery status is still good, if it is still good then try updating the Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver from support.lenovo.com. If the battery is no longer in good condition then you have to contact Lenovo Warranty Support to process a repair. You can do so by clicking on Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under Support.

Hope this helps, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
HimadriK
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad y700 battery drains to 6% from 50% in a second

Thanks for the reply. I will try to update the driver, since the battery condition is showing up as good in the Lenovo Settings or the Power Manager which gives an estimated time of 4 hours or so then out of nowhere it goes to 6% and then charges up all the way.
Will keep you posted. 

Best,

Himadri

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors