Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-16-2021

Viet Nam

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 5

Install QubesOS/Xen Hypervisor on Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JQ

2021-06-16, 9:00 AM

Hello, community. Yesterday I cannot install the QubesOS in Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H. It's always black screen when I tried to set up, and automatically restart after few minutes,

I've tried to boot with another USB, another type of write image and another app but the same value, even tried to read https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/ and find community support with Git and GoogleTeam, but nothing happened. Even I tried to install Qubes from another PC, then plug the NVME back to my laptop and reconfigure the Grub2 but still cannot use it.

Today, I've tried to install Ubuntu and Fedora, and it's work. But the trouble is when I tried to install Xen Hypervisor, I cannot boot into the Linux and Xen Hypervisor kernels, but it's ok for the default Linux kernel. I believe that the trouble is about the Xen Hypervisor is not compatible with the BIOS. Can you please support me on how to install the Qubes on my laptop, please? Thank you.

My laptop is on the lasted Bios version.

Options

3632 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2556 Signins

40394 Page Views

• Views: 40394
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Install QubesOS/Xen Hypervisor on Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JQ

2021-06-16, 17:34 PM

Very technical and specific question, you might get better help on a QubesOS forum, but lets see if anyone else has an idea about this. Thanks.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

4576 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

679 Signins

29845 Page Views

• Views: 29845
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Install QubesOS/Xen Hypervisor on Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JQ

2021-06-16, 18:52 PM

Hello all,

You can also try viewing our Linux based boards for additional tips on how you can proceed.

Here's the link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Operating-Systems/ct-p/lx_en

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

06-16-2021

Viet Nam

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-17, 1:48 AM

Thank you. It looks like not only an error for the Qubes, the trouble appears when I install the Xen Hypervisor to the OS. Legion Bios cannot detect the Xen Hypervisor partition with EFI Grub. 
Today I've tried to boot with All In One - System Rescue Toolkit (AiO-SRT_2018-01-02.iso), the trouble is appear again. I think is some kind of specific Boot Partition Legion BIOS cannot detect it, or boot it directly. 
My Bios version is GKCN36WW.

Options

4576 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

679 Signins

29845 Page Views

• Views: 29845
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-17, 21:52 PM

Hello @akizaizinski,

Thanks for the update.

Since the machine was only officially tested with Windows 10 and not any Linux builds as seen in this link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd031426-linux-for-personal-systems compatibility is not really guaranteed. You can try posting in our Linux based boards or reaching out to your respective distro's discussion for assistance.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms