Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidPJimenez
Paper Tape
Views: 2,293
Message 1 of 8

Is Y530 compatible with Intel Optane?

Hi!
I want to buy a Intel Optane 32 GB  for my Legion Y530 (Y53015ICH)

Is this Intel Optane compatible with my computer?

I don't know if it has to be NVMe or anything else. Also, has to be 20mm or 80 mm?

Thanks for your time and help!

Abramtrek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,083
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is Y530 compatible with Intel Optane?

I also did the same added a 32 optane memory for my Y530 Legion.

ensure you have latest BIOS installed from lenovo and also install rapid storage software from Intel.

Update BIos

Install Optane

Install software..

I hopes this helps it took a day to figure out what I needed.

Please use the Lenovo Vantage installed in your laptop this will help with updates and Intel has also a driver software that works great.

DontReadMyName2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,965
Message 3 of 8

I talked with the lenovo tech support with my 32gb optane module and it was not supported wanting to know for sure if a 16gb version would work.

DavidPJimenez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,943
Message 4 of 8

I ended talking to Lenovo Support and they told me that my device didn't support Intel Optane (Must of the time they said that Optane was RAM, which is not). So I ended buying a 256 GB SSD.

It's weird because in some parts of the firmware says that supports Intel Optane.

So, Can you confirm me that 32gb of Intel Optane works on this device? (To mark your answer as the solution, just in case other people have the same question)

lavabutt
Paper Tape
Views: 1,941
Message 5 of 8

Intel optane 32Gb works in my Y530. Just make sure you have everything up to date. 

DontReadMyName2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,935
Message 6 of 8

I already went through all of this with tech support I have latest bios and the intel optane memory program installed with the error bios not supported or legacy mode enabled. I have the uefi mode not legacy or whatever enabled RST enabled for optane support the free space and it detected in bios if you can get it to work please help.

DontReadMyName2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,930
Message 7 of 8

Also using the rapid storage program instead of the intel optane memory program it will detect but not enable it because rapid storage does not support the 32gb model and is really used for another purpose.

K_Arkara
Paper Tape
Views: 826
Message 8 of 8

I bought Y530-15ICH and has already updated BIOS the newset version 8JCN50WW too. I found the mother board chipset is HM370 and Intel told there is compatible for Intel Optaned Memory. Then I bought the Optane Memory M10 16GB but BIOS didn't detect and the installer popup for contact vender. I call Lenovo support he said that my model didn't support right now. I think the future that Lenovo should update BIOS this model for support the Optane.

PS. Y530-15ICH is support M.2 PCIe NVMe storage only (I did try to setup M.2 SATA then BIOS didn't detect also).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors