cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarthVadir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,592
Message 1 of 3

Is it possible to charge a Lenovo Y700 via USB?

I have a Lenovo y700, and my laptop ran out of power when i was at school, i forgot to bring the power cord with me.  I was wondering, is there any way i could charge my lenovo laptop using the usb ports of the school computers at school?  Like a USB - USB cord?

If not, what are my options for charging this computer via a USB port (USB > Power plug), withoutt having to lug around an A/C brick all the time, or a dock?

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 1,560
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it possible to charge a Lenovo Y700 via USB?

I do not know of any way to do this, sadly seems like you have to carry the power brick, not sure if its the same as the Slim charger on Lenovos accessories website.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

I also carried a power brick for over 4 years. You could buy an extra and keep one at home and one at school (if there is storage), so you dont have to carry everyday.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
DarthVadir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,550
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it possible to charge a Lenovo Y700 via USB?

Yeah, i'm trying to avoid ac-> dc bricks... i'd really like to find some kind of USB cord -> power in, if at all possible.  Some way to plug a USB plug into a USB port, and convert it to the DC power innput for my laptop.  But thanks for replying.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors