Options

1 Posts

07-01-2020

GR

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Issue with the USB -C port. Does not turn its power Off when shut down the laptop.

2020-07-01, 0:18 AM

Hi, I think there is a small Bug in Lenovo Vantage. When I shut down the computer, the USB -C port does not turn its power OFF , even if I have selected the corresponding option to do so in Vantage.

With all the other USB ports it works perfect. ( I have connected the fan of a laptop base to the USB -C port ). 

My model is: Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0

Thank you

Options

274 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

47 Signins

1875 Page Views

• Views: 1875
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Issue with the USB -C port. Does not turn its power Off when shut down the laptop.

2020-07-01, 13:12 PM

@ klitosp wrote:

Hi, I think there is a small Bug in Lenovo Vantage. When I shut down the computer, the USB -C port does not turn its power OFF , even if I have selected the corresponding option to do so in Vantage.

With all the other USB ports it works perfect. ( I have connected the fan of a laptop base to the USB -C port ). 

My model is: Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0

Thank you

Hi there klitosp

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try disabling the "Always on USB" function in the BIOS, under the "Configuration" tab.

How to enter BIOS

Hope this helps.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

I do not respond to private messages.

Options

1 Posts

07-01-2020

GR

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Issue with the USB -C port. Does not turn its power Off when shut down the laptop.

2020-07-01, 22:50 PM

Yes, I already did it ! That´s what I m telling you! Disabling "Always On USB" works fine with all usb ports, EXCEPT the USB-C port, that s located on the rear side of the Laptop. It continues staying ON!  Yesterday my PC updated to the latest Bios.   I have a Legion 540.

Thank you, Voithe!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete