Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giedrius_Punis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,053
Message 1 of 11

LENOVO Y700-17ISK 80Q0 WIN10PRO NO WIRELESS

I installed my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, reactivated and all seemed fine for the first day. 

I came to start up my laptop this evening and found out an old "friend" (the reason I turned my back against windows 10 when it came out, Microsoft).

NO WIRELESS!

I do not want to start a new topic so i renewed my most recent post.

So i boot up. On login screen there is a wifi logo. I try to connect through that. It gives a "limited" notification.

Then I log in to find that there is no wifi icon in taskbar.

I check adapter settings - ethernet and wireless drivers are there, enabled. Saying "not connected". Device manager shows no errors.

Both Realtek PCIe GBE Familly controller and Intel DB Wireless AC 8260 are there.

I have installed an Intel Wireless PROset 18.20.0  and Realtek LAN Driver from support page.

*I tried reinstalling both of them few times and varied with other WLAN drivers from support page.

LAN and WLAN doesnt connect.

There is no Wi-fi in Network & Internet options in windows settings.

HawkeyeQ
Punch Card
Views: 2,031
Message 2 of 11

Re: LENOVO Y700-17ISK 80Q0 win7x64 failure

Hello.

Try this:
https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

Regards,

HawkeyeQ
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur...

----------------------------
milotiam
Punch Card
Views: 2,019
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

try this..

change the SATA controller option from RST to AHCI at BIOS..

I faced this issue during a Windows 10 fresh install..seems like Windows/Linux could not detect any drives with RST RAID configured..you need to delete all the partitions inside the hard drive if you still want to use the RST which i failed to figured how..since you want to setup a new OS, i think you should just change the SATA controller to AHCI..not RST..solved my problem at least for me..

Giedrius_Punis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,014
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for a reply, but I tried Rufus in the first place. Nothing changed at all.
milotiam
Punch Card
Views: 2,011
Message 5 of 11

Your previous USB stick working fine I believed..you can boot to the Windows installation page right but it asked to load the driver?

Seems like the installer could not detect your hard drives..try changing your SATA controller from RST to AHCI in BIOS

Giedrius_Punis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,007
Message 6 of 11

Y700 does not have this option in its BIOS. I believe its full on IDE and BIOS does not support a hardware RAID. I just bought a brand new SanDisk Cruizer Fit 16GB and downloaded a new copy of ISO to eliminate corrupted files scenario. I will update.
milotiam
Punch Card
Views: 2,003
Message 7 of 11

can't you somehow disable the RST from BIOS?

Guru
Views: 1,999
Message 8 of 11

1) Create a Windows 7 USB flash disk

2) Run the tool from the link, point it to the USB flash with win 7, to inject all necessary drivers (it can take a  while)

3)Boot from usb using Legacy option (in uefi you will get blue/red artifacts on screen)

4)Enjoy

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Giedrius_Punis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,979
Message 9 of 11

So i gave up and installed my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, reactivated and all seemed fine for the first day. 

All drivers including nerve sense and lenovo settings app were fine. Untill i came to start up my laptop this evening and found out an olld "friend" (the rason why i turned my back against windows 10).

NO WIRELESS!

I do not want to start a new topic but maybe I will if dont get assistance in this post.

So i boot up. On login screen there is a wifi logo. I try to connect through that. It gives a "limited" notification.

Then I log in yo find that there ia  o wifi icon in taskbar.

I check adapter settings and ethernet and wireless drivers are there enabled. Saying "not connected". Device manager shows no errors.

Both Realtek PCIe GBE Familly controller and Intel DB Wireless AC 8260 are there.

I have installed an Intel Wireless PROset 18.20.0  and Realtek LAN Driver from support page.

LAN and WLAN doesnt connect.

There is no Wi-fi in Network & Internet options in windows settings.

Giedrius_Punis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,966
Message 10 of 11

UPDATE:

What I did was frustration generated but it worked.

1. I went to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program and deleted EVERYTHING LAN and WLAN related (all the drivers).

2. I went to Device Manager and uninstalled both existing network adapters: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

3. I wnt to msconfig and enabled Event log and  Event collector.

(had it disabled to improve gaming experience, not sure if it is relevant though)

4. RESTART

When it booted up and i logged in, the wifi was back!

I checked Device Manager and Adapter settings and everything was back up + some extra stuff under Network Adapters inside device manager.

devmngr.jpg

SUMMARY:

Apparently Windows 10 PRO 64-bit does not want any drivers installed and DOES NOT WORK with Intel's official PROset Wireless driver. At least not on this machine.

Will update if anything goes wrong tomorrow. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors