12-11-2018 06:23 AM - edited 12-11-2018 06:26 AM
Bought my Legion Y53015ICH 3 months ago.
Never took it anywhere but home.
Few weeks ago, I realized I could not put it to Sleep mode from the start menu. When I do that, the screen would go blank for 2 seconds, then computer comes back on right after.
However, Hibernate mode works fine.
What I have done:
1) made sure on Device Manager that NO devices can wake the system from sleep
2) "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" shows nothing
3) "powercfg -waketimers" shows zero waketimers
4) under Power Options, made sure Multimedia settings allow the computer to sleep
5) used Lenovo Vantage and it says my system is up to date (no updates available)
6) ***I RE-installed the operating system to factory default (via Novo button), and did the above steps, but it still cannot sleep***
7) not sure if this has an effect, but under Lenovo Vantage system scan, the PCI Express status test failed (Result Code: WPE001001-UN8X3E"
Do I have a faulty system hardware? or is this something else? Since I reinstalled to factory default, I think it can't be Windows 10.
12-11-2018 08:48 AM
Check in Device Manager if all devices are working fine. Lenovo vantage is not the best tool to check for system diagnostics.
As for sleep, try a power flee method -
1) Shutdown the laptop.
2) Disconnect power supply
3) Press power button for 45 seconds
4) Reconnect and start the laptop. Try putting into sleep now.
If that doesn't work, then check your advanced power settings and see if there is any option affecting the sleep functionality.
12-12-2018 08:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions,
But unfortunately....the same thing happens...it wakes right after sleep. There is nothing in power options that is supposed to wake the computer. Plus, I tried a laptop factory reset and same thing happens.
I tried putting it to sleep with the NumLock key on. I can see that after it tries to sleep, the NumLock key light will flash briefly and then the company wakes right away.
Do this seem like a hardware issue?
12-12-2018 03:14 PM
12-13-2018 10:25 AM
It sure does look like some hardware issue. Haven't seen this reported widely so its best to contact Support by clicking SUPPORT on top of this page.
They might ask you to send it for repairs.