Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-23-2021

Germany

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:Laptop restarts after closing and opening lid - Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H, Windows 11

2021-11-25, 9:49 AM

Hi,

I don't think the MUX switch itself is the problem here.

Rather the drivers being unoptimized or not playing nicely with the BIOS, either of those would be to blame, I guess.

Thinking about it, perhaps the rare inclusion of a full MUX switch could be a problem in itself, as NVidia doesn't seem to test their drivers with energy-saving in MUX-switch enabled notebooks as they do not seem to deem it cost-worthy in their QA.

I did not further test with the original NVidia drivers from the Lenovo product-support page for this notebook, as I want to have current Geforce Experience drivers for latest games.

Also on further thought, the problems might arise even in hybrid-mode again if you connect an external display, as the problematic driver/BIOS-combination might then be active, too.

I myself don't currently have external monitors connected to my L5P but could test it with a work monitor, as I am thinking about an extra monitor anyway (but might lose HDR and 165Hz G-Sync/Freesync then, at least with my years-old Samsung work TFTs).

Options

2 Posts

11-10-2021

India

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 12 of 14

Re:Laptop restarts after closing and opening lid - Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H, Windows 11

2021-11-28, 10:03 AM

This helps but i definitely hope lenovo find a fix for this and fast

Options

5 Posts

11-26-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 13 of 14

2021-11-29, 19:41 PM

I am having the same problem, and have read elsewhere that this is an Nvidia Driver problem.

If you have this driver: 496.76, you can try uninstalling, rolling back, etc to an older driver to fix the issue, supposedly.

Options

5 Posts

11-23-2021

Germany

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 14 of 14

2021-11-29, 20:20 PM
Exactly this I suppose, this fits the symptoms. As I said, I did not try the original NVidia-drivers supplied by Lenovo, as I wanted the newest Geforce Experience drivers. But I think Lenovo did not test the newest drivers or can't do anything with them. Do you know the latest driver-version which works with energy-saving modes?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms