Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

Netherlands

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Laptop stuck at 0.78 GHZ

2021-02-18, 10:36 AM

I have An Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH.

A few days ago when i played League of legends my cpu randomly locked itself at 0.78  GHZ.

After a long time waiting and not playing a game it sometimes goes back to normal speeds.

These things i tried too fix it:

Plugging charger out and in.

Static discharge.

Some commands lenovo tech support recommended putting in the powershell.

Reinstalling windows.

I found that with a progam called ThrottleStop when disabling BD PROCHOT my CPU works fine.

I'd rather have a permanent fix and not a fix that makes the possibility bigger that my CPU goes up in flames.

Options

2162 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

235 Signins

11071 Page Views

• Views: 11071
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Laptop stuck at 0.78 GHZ

2021-02-18, 11:23 AM

Hi chocodonutsplit,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Using throttlestop is a good fix for stopping problematic/turbulent throttling of the CPU. As long as it doesn't overheat, which it should not on it's highest point, as it's meant to work at this load. I'd acquire a program to monitor the cpu thermals just to be sure.

Apart from that I'd suggest make sure you have the newest BIOS, Chipset and Power Management drivers for your device:
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the BIOS, Chipset and Power management section respectively.
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".
**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing BIOS updates.

In the event this doesn't help solve the issue, perform a BIOS reset:

BIOS reset
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button- The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup and navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"
- Then Press "Exit Saving Changes"

Did this throttling suddenly happen or does it coincide with any updates ?

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

Netherlands

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-18, 11:48 AM
Thanks for your reply. I dont want too constantly check my tempratures while playing a game cause i wanna focus on the game. The bios reset didn't work and i already installed all the new drivers after the problem started. This throttling suddenly happenend without updating anything while playing a not too demanding video game.
Options

2162 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

235 Signins

11071 Page Views

• Views: 11071
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-19, 10:59 AM

I'd at suggest at least to re-enable the throttling and getting a program to monitor the thermals to see if the device is overheating, if only to determine if it's the cause of the CPU throttling and it locking itself at 0.78Ghz.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms