Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-13-2021

France

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

[Legion 5-15ACH6H] Wi-fi randomly disconnecting while error "DNS address cannot be found"

2021-07-13, 21:33 PM

Hey everyone,

I've went and purchased a Lenovo Legion 5-15ACH6H a few days ago, and coming from a computer with only 4Gb of RAM to 16, i have to say that i'm not dissapointed.

However, the only issue is the Wi-fi, which stops working at random. And while trying to load an internet page, i'm met with this error : "The DNS address of www.google.fr cannot be found."

I just don't understand how to fix it. I've updated my drivers minutes after i got my hands on this computer, uninstalled the Wi-fi driver and re-installed it, reset the driver, followed some tips on how to completely reset the IP address and DNS on CMD, unchecked the Wi-fi data limiter and a few other things. Unfortunately, these solutions didn't solve my issue. Even the troubleshooting tool is not much help, as it turns off and on the Wi-fi, which fixes the issue temporarily. I also don't believe this is from my router, as i have 2 other computers connected to it wireless as well, and without any issue on their side.

Is there anything more i could do or try to fix this issue ?

Options

3722 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

629 Signins

26315 Page Views

• Views: 26315
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:[Legion 5-15ACH6H] Wi-fi randomly disconnecting while error "DNS address cannot be found"

2021-07-14, 7:04 AM

Hello @Switcherzz,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried turning off the Network priority option in Lenovo Vantage?

You can also try to perform a network reset on the machine. This can be done by searching for the network option in the start menu and rebooting the machine afterwards.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

07-14-2021

Nepal

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re:[Legion 5-15ACH6H] Wi-fi randomly disconnecting while error "DNS address cannot be found"

2021-07-14, 7:51 AM

Is it safe to do? I already tried other options such as resetting TCP/IP, updating drivers and BIOS and yet it didn't fix the issue of my PC dropping my wifi randomly and frequently in some instances. My Legion is 5-15IMH05H - Type 81Y6. 
Btw, did a network reset work for the OP? I'm a bit afraid to do so because my classmate told me I could get stuck without a network driver and also end up being unable to connect to the internet. 
P.S. I have never enabled Network Boost and I have also checked whether it was enabled or not.
Edit:- I have also disabled the ability to disable wifi network adapters and all methods stated in this site https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/np/en/solutions/ht502846 except for disabling 802.11n Mode and reverting network adapter drivers.
I am very sure that the issue isn't with my router as it never happens on my old laptop nor my phone.

Options

3 Posts

07-14-2021

Nepal

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-07-14, 8:19 AM

Wifi Card (I hope):- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Trouble shooting says there's a problem but that they can't fix it.
Troubleshoot_1
troubleshoot_2

Options

2 Posts

07-13-2021

France

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-07-14, 16:21 PM
Hey Jack ! Thanks for the answer. Fortunately, i believe i managed to fix the issue, though i still have no idea why this worked. I did reset my router just in case before i tried resetting the driver and everything i listed on the post, but it didn't work. Now, after all of these changes, i reset my router again and it fixed the issue. Maybe there was an issue with the DNS that the router needed to restart after i changed mine ? Well, at least it seems to work properly now. Thank you for the help though !
Options

3 Posts

07-14-2021

Nepal

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-07-22, 4:14 AM

Mine also seems to work better now, although unlike Switcherz, I haven't done anything new or extra except from the things I did which I mentioned in the last post. Maybe it just took some time to fix itself once those fix methods mentioned in the lenovo support page were applied. Maybe I've been just lucky and it hasn't disconnected too much by co-incidence. There's no telling. But it certainly fixed it 99%. Dropping wifi once in 2 days is far more better than what it was previously. Dropping wifi randomly around 20-30 times everyday. And when a wifi dropping session starts randomly, it deeps dropping wifi every 5-10 seconds for atleast 2-5 times which was annoying as hell and prevented gaming. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms