Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-03-2020

Singapore

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

Legion 5-15ARH05 crashing and freezing

2020-09-03, 11:32 AM

I've only been using this laptop for 2 days, but in that time it has BSODed, froze, and had many apps crash.

Even after updating all drivers, I got a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD which I assumed was from nvidia drivers so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Then my iGPU (AMD Radeon) software kept crashing, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD Radeon drivers and problems still persist with occasional popups giving me errors with LoadLibrary failing.

Within these 2 days, the laptop also froze up twice while doing normal web browsing and school work (no shady websites or anything), but in Event Viewer the only related error is that explorer.exe stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.  The rest of the errors are DCOM and App runtime related which I think are benign, although the sheer number of them (100+/day) is just annoying....

Running Window's System File Checker doesn't throw up any integrity violations, so I don't know if this is some issue with my computer, or just Windows pulling its usual shenanigans... 

Also, HWiNFO shows that my Ryzen 4800H core temps average 45-55, but constantly spike to 60+ Celsius on idle. Is this normal idle CPU temps for the Ryzen 4800H?

Options

71 Posts

08-31-2020

United States of America

35 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Legion 5-15ARH05 crashing and freezing

2020-09-03, 16:56 PM

It is possible this is software related, in which case you could try a complete factory reset - save your data first.  However, in my experience, this will likely turn out to be a hardware issue with your specific unit.  I would personally reset and exchange it for another same model as soon as you can.

You could try opening it up (this will not void the warranty) and checking for lose components.  Maybe re-seat the memory and all connectors, etc.  Be warned that opening up from the bottom and swapping out the memory or extra storage will not void the warranty as these are deemed as user serviceable components.  If you go much further then you could void it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms