Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-12-2021

Germany

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 11 of 13

Re:Legion 5 Pro NVENC error NV_ENC_ERR_UNSUPPORTED_PARAM

2021-05-12, 22:28 PM

I have the same problem, Legion 5 Pro 16ACH6H here. Nvenc doesn't work in most circumstances (see below for exceptions): Powerdirector, Handbrake (via ffmpeg), Davinci Resolve all fail to use nvenc. I tried downgrading the bios to release 34 (couldn't find older firmware versions), however to no avail. Also, downgrading the nvidia driver to 27.21.14.6156 (the "official" driver from the lenovo support website) didn't work. The only case I got nvenc to work is by using h265 (nvenc) in handbrake, which both shows gpu load while encoding and produces a functional video.

Also, I'm fairly certain this is a bios problem, because nvenc with h264 worked at least one time before the bios upgrade to release 36 offered via Lenovo Vantage, and the problem using nvenc is the same in linux (also using handbrake).

I sure hope lenovo fixes this soon, as video encoding is one of the reasons I got the (otherwise very nice) laptop.

Options

1 Posts

06-14-2021

Austria

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 12 of 13

2021-06-14, 15:46 PM

I'm facing exactly the same issue - reinstalling from scratch, updating drivers and trying the same for older BIOS versions didn't help solving the problem. nvenc simply doesn't work on the/my legion 5 pro which is a huge bummer cause it's been one of the main reason I got this Laptop.

I'm fairly certain this is BIOS related and  needs involvement from Lenovo

Options

1 Posts

06-15-2021

Germany

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 13 of 13

2021-06-15, 12:37 PM

I can confirm this problem too. I have the Legion 5 Pro for 3 Months now and this problem has been there ever since I had it. It is very much a BIOS problem that needs a fix from Lenovo I have the 34 variant of BIOS and I can atleast swap to Hybrid install the AMD Software for the integrated GPU and then stream with NVENC. It is not a satisfying solution since I 99% use my Laptop on charge so I don't need the Hybrid mode. All we can do is spam Lenovo with this issue because it is on their end to fix it. I have talked to many people since and it really does not seem like an issue we "normal" users can fix.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms