Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

05-30-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 10

Legion 5 Pro touchpad bugging out only on the left side

2021-06-22, 22:01 PM

Odd issue I've been having with the touchpad pretty much since the day I got it. Specifically, only the left half of the touchpad will randomly become unresponsive. It's not consistent either, I could go half an hour with it working fine then for 10 minutes it will lag on the left side.

I've tried updating drivers, deleting the device, resetting windows, turning the touchpad off and on with the key command, and turning sensitivity up. I contacted Legion Support and after checking to see everything was up to date they said I should just "wait for a driver update".

Curious if anyone else has had a similar problem, I have the 16gb 2tb 3070 L5P.

Here's a video showing the problem, the left corner is particular is bad, but I've had it bug out anywhere on the left half https://imgur.com/a/fnBXKWj

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Legion 5 Pro touchpad bugging out only on the left side

2021-06-23, 10:16 AM

Hi MushMuppies,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'd recommend trying to do a static discharge of the device in case there is static buildup that is preventing the touchpad from working correctly.

Static Discharge
- Remove all cables attached to the laptop (ac adapter/power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)
- Ensure device is switched OFF
- Hold down power button for 60 seconds
- Re-attach all cablesf
- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.
- Try this a couple of times in case it doesn't solve the issue the first time (2-3)

If it is indeed a software issue (highly unlikely), then try using the touchpad in Safe Mode or in the BIOS menu.  If the issue is still present here on generic drivers, then there's a hardware issue and the touchpad is in need of replacement.

Enter BIOS
- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 (FN+F1 or F2) or Shift + Power button on startup will take you to the BIOS.
- Test the touchpad in the BIOS.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

10 Posts

05-30-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-06-24, 17:41 PM

I tried both. The Static Discharge did nothing, I tried it 3 times like you said but the problem persisted. 

As for the trying in BIOS, it did NOT happen while in the BIOS menu. I spent at least 30 minutes moving the cursor around and not once did it freeze up. Then once I left BIOS and started up windows, the problem was immediately back.

I'm not the only one who has had this problem either with the Legion 5 Pro, my reddit post had someone experience the exact same thing with only the left side of the touchpad bugging out as well.

Options

10 Posts

05-30-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-06-26, 4:02 AM

There are now more people experiencing the touchpad being randomly unresponsive on the Legion 5 Pro. This reddit thread from a few hours ago has 3 people all with the touchpad not registering movements and clicks randomly 

https://www.reddit.com/r/LenovoLegion/comments/o7yyxp/hey_guys_anyone_else_having_problems_with_the/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Options

1 Posts

05-07-2021

India

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 10

2021-08-07, 10:37 AM

Yesturday I bought legion 5 pro with rtx 3060 ryzen 7. I dont have the problem as such but on my left side button on touch pad is loose, some  flex is noticed. I'm not sure whether this is with everyone or with me only... its difficult to show coz it's about feeling through fingers. Any how I have uploaded video.

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 10

2021-08-26, 6:33 AM

Yes same issue on my new Legion 5 Pro Gen 6 AMD 16" Laptop with RTX 3070.  Touchpad randomly stops responding until FN-F6 to disable and enable.

Options

1 Posts

08-12-2021

Russian Federation

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 7 of 10

2021-09-02, 6:03 AM

same problem on 82JQ000URK (5800H + RTX 3600), interesting why lenovo does nothing with the driver

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-09-02, 6:38 AM

I did tech support chat.  They had me run Lenovo Diagnostics 64 bit trackpad test.

It failed.  They sent a tech to replace the keyboard and trackpad.

Works fine now!

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2021

India

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

Re:Legion 5 Pro touchpad bugging n Lags alot

2021-09-16, 5:16 AM

Hi,

Its been 1 week i bought this laptop n already facing Bugging touchpad what should i do? should i make video and add on Youtube to get reply back from Lenovo support i see many ppl facing same issue but dont see any reply back from Lenovo atall is this how the After buying Services r from lenovo... ? 

Hoping Lenovo IT services PPL work this out with Solution...n Reply back ASAP

Options

1 Posts

09-03-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-09-16, 17:20 PM

Same issue on my Legion Pro 5 3070.  Have tried all troubleshooting (update, reload, static, etc.) to no success. 

Tried getting support from Lenovo (I bought the two year Premium warranty) but was pawned off with a BIOS update that did nothing to resolve.  I even posted the problem in my review...only to be told the same lines of update and run diagnostics via Vantage.

It seems to be software...disabling and reenabling via Fn F10 fix the issue for a short period.  I also notice it more under heavier loads.

This is truly disappointing as otherwise this would be a great laptop.  This will likely be by last Lenovo purchase and will certainly warn others against purchasing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms