Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-04-2021

Netherlands

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Legion 5 doesn't keep apps and folders open after sleep

2021-04-07, 14:21 PM

Hi, so as the title describes, I'm having issues with programs being closed when I close the lid.

The problem seems to occur with sleep. When I press the power button, which is set to put the laptop to sleep, it seems to turn off rather than go to sleep and when I turn it back on, everything is gone, all my open folders and programs.

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 with a fresh install after having problems with the Lenovo image that was on it. I installed all Lenovo drivers and Vantage, and set Windows 10 to reopen apps after a restart and set the system to reopen all folders that were open before.

I tried literally everything, what else can I try? Any known issues with Lenovo laptops doing this? I'm losing my workspace every time and it's really hard for me to have to set it up again after taking a break. I use many programs and multiple folders plus command line applications and I prefer things to work the way they should.

Options

2304 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

528 Signins

19979 Page Views

• Views: 19979
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Legion 5 doesn't keep apps and folders open after sleep

2021-04-07, 14:56 PM

Hello @ThatMarinus,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would suggest trying to disable hybrid mode in Lenovo vantage.

You can also try disabling fast boot then check if that will resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

04-04-2021

Netherlands

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-04-07, 21:24 PM

Well, I tried this, it seems the issues I'm having are not consistent. Hvbrid mode was already turned off and turning off fast boot didn't make any difference.

I've been going upstairs and downstairs a lot today, closing the lid each time I change floors. And all day it worked fine. And now all of a sudden I closed the laptop, walked upstairs to continue working. And what do you think? I open the lid and the machine is turned off. When I start the machine back up, after logging in, all folders and programs are closed. Including the programs I was working in.

Any more ideas? I'm going crazy.

The computer also doesn't remember which setting I chose for the keyboard backlighting. Sometimes it's blue, sometimes it's white, and right now it didn't turn on at all.

Options

2304 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

528 Signins

19979 Page Views

• Views: 19979
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-04-08, 14:13 PM

Hello @ThatMarinus,

Sorry for the late reply.

Have you tried updating the BIOS of your machine?

You can download the BIOS update here; https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-5-15imh05/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI

Please note that you may have to enter the serial number of your machine to get the correct BIOS update.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

04-04-2021

Netherlands

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-04-13, 20:12 PM

Hi, sorry for the long time in between my messages. I had the idea the problem had gone away. I haven't had it for a whole week, but now once again, it crashed.

I've been digging deeper into the Event Viewer logs, apparently it's a critical error:

Event 41, Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- EventData
    BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 4
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 15
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
    LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

The machine is apparently having power issues. I will try the BIOS update but I believe I'm already running the latest BIOS. Edit: Confirmed running latest BIOS already.

I believe this issue might have started to occur when I added a second NVMe SSD (Samsung Evo 970 1Tb SSD). The issue is that when the machine goes to sleep it randomly goes into a Event 41, Kernel-Power fatal error and reboots.

The machine has a slot for SSD expansion, so this shouldn't be a problem. Can it be there is something wrong with the rest of the hardware in the laptop? I can't work with it like this.

As a last resort I've run:

chkdsk c: /f

This returned that the system had to restart and that chkdsk would be performed on the next boot. So it did, and it found some errors which were fixed. I don't know what else to try and if this has fixed it, I guess time will tell. But the Event 41 critical error doesn't spell much good for my laptop. It's only six months and everywhere I look people are saying that it has to do with hardware failure related to power management.

Update:
I think there are some serious issues with my laptop. It even crashes when doing a simple restart. See the attached screenshot:

What can I do? Send the laptop to Lenovo?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms