Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

11350 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26928 Signins

591623 Page Views

• Views: 591623
  • Message 141 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-08-06, 19:13 PM

Hi all,

@AtLocke , @cccat it won't be necessary to write to Andy, we are aware of this discussion and as you might have seen, I am subscribed to this thread as I already replied here in the beginning.

As I have mentioned earlier, our technicians strongly recommend using the nVidia driver for your machine directly from our support page, not the one provided by nVidia in their download section. The driver from our support page is adjusted to the nVidia chip in your model and for your motherboard. Multiple users have mentioned here earlier, that using the driver from the support page or doing a factory reset got rid of the issue. If you are simply removing the nVidia driver provided directly by nVidia, I am afraid that this won't do the trick, as the normal uninstall won't get rid of all the components that the package installs. If you want to avoid completely wiping the system and installing the OS from scratch, you might want to use a tool like DDU to get rid of the previously used driver.

Even though there are multiple users experiencing the same symptom and the discussion exists since February, I have still not seen anyone who would send their unit for inspection to our service. Has anyone tried contacting the service regarding this symptom, and what was the outcome?

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

106 Posts

01-10-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

71 Signins

740 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 740
  • Message 142 of 486

2021-08-06, 19:59 PM

@Juraj_Lenovo 

Hi there,

Thank you for stepping in and pointing out the obvious.

I've been very polite up to now, but you must be being deliberately obtuse to type what you just have.

Clearly you have NOT been following this thread.

I can't speak for others, but I have personally reinstalled Windows 11 times in 7 months (you'd know that if you had followed the thread). I have done so using the "Novo" reset multiple times, as well as using the official Windows Media Creation Tool in every way possible.

I've installed GPU Drivers direct from Lenovo, via Windows update and Vantage independently, as well as multiple versions from NVIDIA themselves - the problem always returns. Fact! Oh, and DDU was mentioned a long time ago - been there, done that many times, as have others.

I understand you have to be biased and defend this in any way you can, but it won't work.

Please, tell us ALL what we are doing wrong? Enlighten us with your superior knowledge.

Will you actually respond, or just do the usual copy paste? I'm sure there are a lot of people waiting on your magic fix, so have at it. Be a hero.

AL

Options

11350 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26928 Signins

591623 Page Views

• Views: 591623
  • Message 143 of 486

2021-08-06, 21:10 PM

Even though I knew you tried to reinstall your system, I wasn't aware that you did almost a dozen of attempts and I must've missed where you have specified what exact methods you have used to reinstall your system - apologies for that. I'm glad to see that you are now in the process of sending your machine to our service for an inspection, and hope that our technicians can find out more about the symptom on the affected unit. Please make sure to list the steps to reproduce the symptom in detail when sending in your machine.

I never stated I had any "superior knowledge" or would bring any "magic fix" along. I wonder where is that coming from? I'm just trying to help out and pass on the information that I have received from our technicians. It is definitely not easy to identify the root cause for this behavior while reading in every 3rd post that it didn't happen for 3 weeks or that disabling the touchpad or keypad has completely gotten rid of the symptom.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

25 Posts

03-04-2019

United States of America

37 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 144 of 486

2021-08-07, 7:21 AM

I have still not seen anyone who would send their unit for inspection to our service. Has anyone tried contacting the service regarding this symptom, and what was the outcome?

Actually I did it a week ago. The repair still pending, I am waiting for the outcome. But I think they will reinstall the system and nothing else :). I provided them links to reproduce the symptom, (and also system crash files, and videos). Sadly in my case your recommended nvidia driver also crashes, and stutters :( . 

I hope there will be a solution for this problem.

Options

24 Posts

07-31-2021

27 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 145 of 486

2021-08-09, 22:30 PM

Lenovo prompting me to upgrade Bios of legion 5 pro to GKCN40WW. 

Has anyone done this? Did it stop the stutters?

Options

7 Posts

04-23-2021

Denmark

8 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 146 of 486

2021-08-10, 0:35 AM

I did upgrade to the latest version  bios and it did not help. I used DDU to clean nvidia driver and install what was recommended from this forum, Lenovo support page. See my screenshot.

shows the nvidia version installed and didnt get the latest with Lenovo vantage.

Laptop: 

Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H - Type 82JQ

Options

140 Posts

05-09-2017

184 Signins

733 Page Views

• Views: 733
  • Message 147 of 486

2021-08-10, 6:58 AM
@Juraj_Lenovo wants everybody to forego performance improvements and game video bug fixes because of a maybe? I don't have these issues (yet) and I don't use video driver you provide. What a ridiculous fix. Doesn't work for everyone either. Since I have your attention, what are Lenovo doing about the mountainous number of bugs dished out to thousands of 15ARH05H laptop users under the latest FSCN18WW BIOS? Can you just acknowledge and tell us if you're even aware of it?
Options

55 Posts

07-09-2021

20 Signins

200 Page Views

• Views: 200
  • Message 148 of 486

2021-08-10, 10:04 AM

what bugs are in latest Bios?

Lenovo Legion 5 AMD Ryzen 7-5800H 16GB 512GB SSD 15.6 Inch FHD GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Windows 10
Options

57 Posts

08-01-2021

104 Signins

405 Page Views

• Views: 405
  • Message 149 of 486

2021-08-10, 10:38 AM
You want more? You're not content with the bugs in the previous one? The stutter feature was backwards compatible in the new bios before I sent mine back for repairs 2.0.
Options

24 Posts

07-31-2021

27 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 150 of 486

2021-08-10, 12:51 PM

So today I have had more stutters than I have had the last week.

I ran latencymon and tracked CPU usage (via task manager) and managed to capture the stutter.

Check it the attachment:

Not sure what to make of all this. Stutters appears with huge spike in latency and CPU usage.

Anyone know what is going on?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms