Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-30-2021

Poland

9 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 21 of 449

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-04-02, 21:01 PM

In my case laptop was stuttering only when gaming.

I tried everything - changed Nvidia settings, power plans, lenovo vantage, system format etc.

What I did to fix it?

The thing that made computer stutter was removed battery. As soon as I opened package with the laptop, I removed it from the computer (because I was willing to use laptop only with the charging cable). Now I put it back and everything works fine, in Vantage settings I changed to battery life saving and still no stutter.

Gl with fixing.

Options

24 Posts

03-04-2019

United States of America

35 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 22 of 449

2021-04-27, 12:46 PM

I made a video from my perspective, so now you can hear the cripping noise or whatev.

Lenovo still not responded for that error.

Options

25 Posts

02-16-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

50 Signins

335 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 335
  • Message 23 of 449

2021-04-27, 13:35 PM

They've been selling these at reduced prices over the past few weeks. I suspect the seller knows these units have issues and have just immediately relisted faulty returns rather than checking them.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-legion-5p-156-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-rtx-2060-3709470

You guys still under warranty? Might be worth issuing a RMA perhaps before the window closes. But then again the reputation of the customer service of this company is becoming more infamous than the brands successful thinkpads series.

Options

3 Posts

09-02-2019

Poland

6 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 24 of 449

2021-05-12, 11:42 AM

I actually seemingly fixed it by setting bios into UEFI mode with secure boot turned on and reinstalling Windows (with quick wipe from the installer's interface). After running Windows Update to automatically install the drivers and manually installing Lenovo Vantage I never experienced any annoying stutters again UNTIL I updated the Nvidia driver with all options checked (USBC driver, HD audio driver and PhysX). After a few restarts it seems to have fixed itself, though. I used the laptop in this state for only a week now and there were like 3 stutters outside of the ones right after installing drivers, but I will have to take time to test if they start happening regularly or not. The problem seems to be solved for me... for now.

Bonus: When I was testing the laptop with friends I noticed that updating Nvidia drivers with the extra options checked (USBC, HD audio etc.) also breaks Oculus VR support and the headset can't keep a stable connection through USB C. I don't use VR so it isn't a big deal for me right now, but to fix that I just reinstalled Windows and stayed on the drivers from Windows Update and Lenovo Vantage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Options

9 Posts

03-07-2021

Mexico

9 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 25 of 449

2021-05-14, 17:22 PM

I,m having the same issues, and a have a question, witch windows did you use, the one you download from lenovo with a digital order or the ones you can download from from microsoft?

Options

86 Posts

01-10-2021

61 Signins

575 Page Views

• Views: 575
  • Message 26 of 449

2021-05-15, 10:56 AM
Hello again,

I just wanted to give an update as I've seen people responding to this thread.

Well, I'll probably jinx myself, but I think I may have fixed it.

I decided to try the Windows Performance Toolkit - download link and instructions here:

There is a big disclaimer here because I had a hell of a time trying to decipher the results. I'm sure someone with more knowledge could make much better use of this tool.

Anyway, I managed to catch a number of the grinding stutters/freezes and added markers for when they happened. When looking at the data at the time of the freezes, there was a noticeable spike of something called " System 4 " every time a freeze occurred. When looking at what was in this " System 4 " it was showing all graphics drivers and some other usual suspects if you've ever run LantencyMon.

So, although I have uninstalled them many times previously, I decided to completely uninstall all graphics drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Link: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

I'd seen this mentioned many times before but never used it myself. You want to use it in safe mode.

Obvious word of warning to use at your own risk! This removes all traces of NVIDIA/AMD in this case, so you will need to install GeForce, AMD Radeon etc again if you use those. And be sure to have your drivers ready to reinstall since you want to do this whilst not connected to the internet.

I'm currently using:

NVIDIA Studio Driver 462.31 downloaded from NVIDIA.
AMD Driver from Lenovo support page for this model.
Windows version - 20H2 19042.928

To pick up on what @icecube11 mentioned, when installing the NVIDIA Drivers, I chose custom installation and unticked everything but the drivers themselves - I personally have no need for the extras.

So far, I have not had one freeze in the last 10 days or so *touches wood*.

I have stopped Windows updates too whist the going is good.

To @Daemedes, I have reset this machine close to 10 times since I bought it in January, I reset via Lenovo's Nova button and clean installed Windows via USB using the Media Creation Tool. The problem persisted no matter what!

Although it seems "fixed" for now... I do not trust this machine at all! I'm sure it will come back to bite me like many others are experiencing.

Sorry for another long message.

Good luck folks! And Lenovo... sort this out!!!! These are expensive machines!

Edit: Fixed because of links and quotation marks I guess.
Options

2 Posts

06-01-2021

Austria

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 27 of 449

2021-06-01, 17:37 PM

Hello. Seems I have the same problems with vr. My Oculus Quest 2 is connected with usb, and when I try to run oculus link, glasses are disconnected from my laptop and I have an error on the glasses "Oculus link keeps stopping". Did you have the same problem? I uninstall nvidia  drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (in safe mode), and install again choosing only graphics drivers (unchecked type-c and audio driver). Unfortunately didn't help. Do you think I still need to reinstall windows?  

Options

86 Posts

01-10-2021

61 Signins

575 Page Views

• Views: 575
  • Message 28 of 449

2021-06-02, 8:36 AM

@ HelinK wrote:

Hello. Seems I have the same problems with vr. My Oculus Quest 2 is connected with usb, and when I try to run oculus link, glasses are disconnected from my laptop and I have an error on the glasses "Oculus link keeps stopping". Did you have the same problem? I uninstall nvidia  drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (in safe mode), and install again choosing only graphics drivers (unchecked type-c and audio driver). Unfortunately didn' help. Do you think I still need to reinstall windows?  

Hello,

I have not used VR at all, so I can't say reinstalling Windows will help. From personal experience with this machine reinstalling Windows was a temporary fix at best, the issues always returned.

I knew I would jinx myself because I have had big freezes again lately, although not as frequent, but more annoying than ever. No changes to my system. Updates still off. How it can be okay for weeks then return out of the blue I have no idea.

As far as you reinstalling Windows as a fix, I would say it is unlikely to help, but knowing how frustrating this is I'd understand why. If you do, I would say clean install using the Windows Media Creation Tool rather than Lenovo's Nova button reset. You get far less bloat and more control of what YOU want to install:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It looks like the latest version installs Windows 21H1, so you may want to backup your current system just in case you are on an older Windows version and want to roll back. Macrium Reflect has never let me down in regard to backups.

Best of luck!

AL

Options

1 Posts

06-09-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 29 of 449

2021-06-09, 14:30 PM

I have the same issue! I just bought this laptop new and I'm experiencing the same issues (youtube stuttering, dropping frames, lagging, etc). I am also experiencing the screen will "jump" rapidly vertically when on websites. This problem is repeatable, and I can reproduce it at will. I have tried what others have suggested (updating drivers, bios, turning off hybrid mode) all to no avail. Please see my specs and video link below:

Please advise as this issue appears to have gone unaddressed for quite some time!

Options

11220 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26894 Signins

589837 Page Views

• Views: 589837
  • Message 30 of 449

2021-06-11, 15:09 PM

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this symptom on your machine. Some of you are saying that none of the reviews is mentioning this symptom, and I assure you that there is no such thing as units specifically tailored for reviewers and units for the remaining users. There are only the models specified within PSREF.

Considering the above, it's really weird that not all the users with the exact same configuration are experiencing the same behavior. It might be tied to something specific to your OS or installed drivers? As members have been mentioning lately, that the issue might be caused by nVidia drivers, I would strongly recommend wiping the current nVidia driver completely from the system and trying to install the nVidia driver from our support page. Afterwards, try to observe the system if you continue seeing the behavior. Our technicians recommend using the drivers provided on our support page, as we do not have any control of the drivers which are provided by the individual parts-manufacturers. The drivers from our support page are specifically adjusted to the motherboard and chips on your machine.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)