Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

09-13-2021

Ukraine

36 Signins

225 Page Views

  • Posts: 33
  • Registered: ‎09-13-2021
  • Location: Ukraine
  • Views: 225
  • Message 431 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 5:18 AM

@ rjsh wrote:

I have the exact same issue 16ACH6H Legion 5 Pro RTX 3070 5800H. No issue seen when hybrid mode turned off.The right click stutter and some UI buttons. It's unlikely that it is a software or context menu entry causing this issue because this is happening in my case too.

 

 

Before going sleep I've found something that can be probably a reason. On forums I've seen that some guys had similar problem on AMD CPU with system on SSD. Even AMD answered and mentioned that they have faulty sata controller drivers and they recommend to change them to standard Windows ones.

Reply
Options

7 Posts

10-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎10-20-2021
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 35
  • Message 432 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 5:28 AM

This is a very good observation. Could you please share the link to that discussion? Or anything else you may have tried around it?

I guess the AMD variants don't get the IRST driver that the Intel laptops normally do. Wonder if this could be causing some AMD only issues

I have also noticed one of the cores spike when the lag happens so a bad disk driver could definitely be a trigger reason.

Reply
Options

11 Posts

09-10-2021

Kazakhstan

17 Signins

65 Page Views

  • Posts: 11
  • Registered: ‎09-10-2021
  • Location: Kazakhstan
  • Views: 65
  • Message 433 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 5:36 AM

@ Chibchu wrote:

@ rjsh wrote:

I have the exact same issue 16ACH6H Legion 5 Pro RTX 3070 5800H. No issue seen when hybrid mode turned off.The right click stutter and some UI buttons. It's unlikely that it is a software or context menu entry causing this issue because this is happening in my case too.

 

 

Before going sleep I've found something that can be probably a reason. On forums I've seen that some guys had similar problem on AMD CPU with system on SSD. Even AMD answered and mentioned that they have faulty sata controller drivers and they recommend to change them to standard Windows ones.

that’s really good find there. 

because I started getting this stuttering only after I’ve installed second ssd. will try changing to standard windows drivers. thanks. 

Reply
Options

33 Posts

09-13-2021

Ukraine

36 Signins

225 Page Views

  • Posts: 33
  • Registered: ‎09-13-2021
  • Location: Ukraine
  • Views: 225
  • Message 434 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 5:58 AM

@ rjsh wrote:

This is a very good observation. Could you please share the link to that discussion? Or anything else you may have tried around it?

I guess the AMD variants don't get the IRST driver that the Intel laptops normally do. Wonder if this could be causing some AMD only issues

I have also noticed one of the cores spike when the lag happens so a bad disk driver could definitely be a trigger reason.

 

 

I'll try to find it on English forums and put a link here

Reply
Options

33 Posts

09-13-2021

Ukraine

36 Signins

225 Page Views

  • Posts: 33
  • Registered: ‎09-13-2021
  • Location: Ukraine
  • Views: 225
  • Message 435 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 6:16 AM

@ nomadlad wrote:

@ Chibchu wrote:

@ rjsh wrote:

I have the exact same issue 16ACH6H Legion 5 Pro RTX 3070 5800H. No issue seen when hybrid mode turned off.The right click stutter and some UI buttons. It's unlikely that it is a software or context menu entry causing this issue because this is happening in my case too.

 

 

Before going sleep I've found something that can be probably a reason. On forums I've seen that some guys had similar problem on AMD CPU with system on SSD. Even AMD answered and mentioned that they have faulty sata controller drivers and they recommend to change them to standard Windows ones.

that’s really good find there. 

because I started getting this stuttering only after I’ve installed second ssd. will try changing to standard windows drivers. thanks. 

 

 

I also tried changing some options in power management. Especially option with PCI connection. Disabled power economy for it. Who knows, maybe it will also have some influence

Reply
Options

106 Posts

01-10-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

71 Signins

740 Page Views

  • Posts: 106
  • Registered: ‎01-10-2021
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 740
  • Message 436 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 7:58 AM

@ Chibchu wrote:

@ rjsh wrote:

I have the exact same issue 16ACH6H Legion 5 Pro RTX 3070 5800H. No issue seen when hybrid mode turned off.The right click stutter and some UI buttons. It's unlikely that it is a software or context menu entry causing this issue because this is happening in my case too.

 

 

Before going sleep I've found something that can be probably a reason. On forums I've seen that some guys had similar problem on AMD CPU with system on SSD. Even AMD answered and mentioned that they have faulty sata controller drivers and they recommend to change them to standard Windows ones.

 

The SATA controller issue has also been mentioned here as a potential fix:

 

https://forums.lenovo.com/topic/findpost/2250/5067079/5385426

 

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1177546-windows-10-micro-stutters-with-ryzen/

 

Hopefully switching to Windows drivers helps you.

Reply
Options

7 Posts

10-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎10-20-2021
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 35
  • Message 437 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 14:26 PM

@ AtLocke wrote:

@ Chibchu wrote:

@ rjsh wrote:

I have the exact same issue 16ACH6H Legion 5 Pro RTX 3070 5800H. No issue seen when hybrid mode turned off.The right click stutter and some UI buttons. It's unlikely that it is a software or context menu entry causing this issue because this is happening in my case too.

 

 

Before going sleep I've found something that can be probably a reason. On forums I've seen that some guys had similar problem on AMD CPU with system on SSD. Even AMD answered and mentioned that they have faulty sata controller drivers and they recommend to change them to standard Windows ones.

 

The SATA controller issue has also been mentioned here as a potential fix:

 

https://forums.lenovo.com/topic/findpost/2250/5067079/5385426

 

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1177546-windows-10-micro-stutters-with-ryzen/

 

Hopefully switching to Windows drivers helps you.



I am on the Standard AHCI Driver provided by Microsoft itself and still face the same issue :(

Most of my searching usually led me to bad Realtek drivers too. My only hope at this point is switching to Win11 when it is ready.

Reply
Options

1 Posts

10-20-2021

Canada

2 Signins

5 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎10-20-2021
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 5
  • Message 438 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 15:31 PM

I have the Legion 5 Pro (16ACH6H), and I have the dreaded stutters like everyone here. 

 

Here's my findings:

 

If you use the Windows Media Player from W10, and try to move the application or just fast-forward/rewind the song, then there's a huge lag.

The stutters are also completely random, and acts for like 1-2secs where the audio is garbled and completely unresponsive.

 

Going through the thread, I disabled AMD PSP, and that seemed to help a bit. I play CSGO occasionally, reason for buying such a laptop aside from school/work - and there's this undeniable lag ingame. My network is fine, as it's LAN but I get like low FPS and that shouldn't be the case on such hardware (5800H + 3070 + 32GB).

 

It's very disheartening that I payed so much for this laptop and there's this huge issue where it wasn't even mentioned on the reviews. :(

 

EDIT: Does W11 fix these issues, or is it still plaguing users even on the newer version of drivers/windows?

Reply
Options

33 Posts

09-13-2021

Ukraine

36 Signins

225 Page Views

  • Posts: 33
  • Registered: ‎09-13-2021
  • Location: Ukraine
  • Views: 225
  • Message 439 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 15:40 PM

@ dipanzan wrote:

I have the Legion 5 Pro (16ACH6H), and I have the dreaded stutters like everyone here. 

 

Here's my findings:

 

If you use the Windows Media Player from W10, and try to move the application or just fast-forward/rewind the song, then there's a huge lag.

The stutters are also completely random, and acts for like 1-2secs where the audio is garbled and completely unresponsive.

 

Going through the thread, I disabled AMD PSP, and that seemed to help a bit. I play CSGO occasionally, reason for buying such a laptop aside from school/work - and there's this undeniable lag ingame. My network is fine, as it's LAN but I get like low FPS and that shouldn't be the case on such hardware (5800H + 3070 + 32GB).

 

It's very disheartening that I payed so much for this laptop and there's this huge issue where it wasn't even mentioned on the reviews. :(

 

EDIT: Does W11 fix these issues, or is it still plaguing users even on the newer version of drivers/windows?

 

 

I'm on W11 and still obtaining stutters/freezes so W11 isn't a panacea

Reply
Options

7 Posts

10-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎10-20-2021
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 35
  • Message 440 of 486

Re:Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters

2021-10-20, 18:04 PM

@ Chibchu wrote:

@ dipanzan wrote:

I have the Legion 5 Pro (16ACH6H), and I have the dreaded stutters like everyone here. 

 

Here's my findings:

 

If you use the Windows Media Player from W10, and try to move the application or just fast-forward/rewind the song, then there's a huge lag.

The stutters are also completely random, and acts for like 1-2secs where the audio is garbled and completely unresponsive.

 

Going through the thread, I disabled AMD PSP, and that seemed to help a bit. I play CSGO occasionally, reason for buying such a laptop aside from school/work - and there's this undeniable lag ingame. My network is fine, as it's LAN but I get like low FPS and that shouldn't be the case on such hardware (5800H + 3070 + 32GB).

 

It's very disheartening that I payed so much for this laptop and there's this huge issue where it wasn't even mentioned on the reviews. :(

 

EDIT: Does W11 fix these issues, or is it still plaguing users even on the newer version of drivers/windows?

 

 

I'm on W11 and still obtaining stutters/freezes so W11 isn't a panacea


I just came across this https://github.com/jobeid/TrayPwrD3.

 

It's clear that it has something to do with integrated graphics (hence, the hybrid on mode that is affected). I'm also trying to see if using AMD Radeon Software in "Normal" mode as opposed to "Power Saving" stops the stutters

 

As an aside, A few posts suggested changing Optimus options but I don't see the "Display mode" option to control Advanced Optimus in Nvidia Control Panel, is this the same for everyone? 


Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms