Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-14-2020

Pakistan

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Legion 7: Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-07-14, 13:34 PM

For Legion Y740, some administrators had provided the keyboard firmware files with changes colors. Can be found here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Stop-the-RIDICULOUS-Spiral-Rainbow-Keyboard-backlight-effect-Let-us-turn-it-off/m-p/4552233?page=10#5271691

Please provide the firmware for Legion 7 where default lighting is none instead of spiral OR provide some other way to turn off the ridiculous lighting.

Options

4554 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

678 Signins

29765 Page Views

• Views: 29765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Legion 7: Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-07-14, 16:35 PM

Hello @musamaanjum,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I believe that there is no way to currently turn this off. You still have the option of manually disabling the backlighting if you prefer it to be off.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

09-14-2020

Pakistan

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Legion 7: Stop the RIDICULOUS Spiral Rainbow Keyboard backlight effect!! Let us turn it off!!

2021-07-14, 19:01 PM

There isn't even any manual way to turn off the lighting completely. It is agonizing. The best which is possible is when the lighting is turned off and lighting appears in a rhythmic way when you press any key. Still, it is unacceptable. 

@Juraj_Lenovo Can you please provide the firmware for Legion 7 just like you had provided for Legion 740 here?

Options

42 Posts

04-30-2021

Netherlands

46 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-15, 11:56 AM

There is a way to turn the lights off, but its hacky as ICUE version 3 keeps breaking the feature on purpose.

If you disable plugins in ICUE or disable icue entirely, you can set the hardware lighting modes by pressing FN + space

The 4th and 5th modes are for some reason sound affected lighting modes, there is no lighting mode where its entirely disabled.

The way i have it set up is like this:

Disabled ICUE service

Disabled plugins in ICUE version 3

Pressed FN + spacebar until i see the lighting mode where nothing shows up when no audio is played

Turned lighting of the keyboard off by pressing FN + arrow down a ton

This will not show any lights during start up because no audio is played until the softwarer turns down the brightness of the keyboard.

This does take away your ability to have custom RGB lighting in the ICUE software sadly, i wish lenovo went after corsair because they only listen to companies.

I have tried contacting corsair and every other support department from lenovo, none of them caused a new update to be made.

I just noticed you have the 740, i thought you were talking about the lenovo legion 7 16achg6. maybe this works but this is the case for the legion 7 2021

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms