Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-08-2021

Afghanistan

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:Legion 7i - Rainbow Spiral!

2021-04-08, 22:13 PM

tempus fugit whats the status?

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

7 Signins

65 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 65
  • Message 12 of 17

2021-04-09, 14:57 PM

so basically the spiral thing is intergrated, you cannot stop it on startup etc... the only thing you can do is change the icue "settings" so that when icue loads (or you fully logged in pc etc) its a static colour (basically make a new profile, static or no colour and drag it on top of the default one, the way ICUE works is anything first on the list is the default) this stop the spiral when the laptop fully boots... up... no other way around it to stop it

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2021

7 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 13 of 17

2021-04-09, 15:02 PM

pointless its a sensor software... you cannot stop the spiral its an intergrated part of the laptop and ICUE... the ONLY way to stop it is in the ICUE settings -

make a new profile in ICUE settings

make it a static colour or no colour etc (fiddle around with it to figure out how to edit it and change the colour)

then DRAG the new profile so that is first in list (so for me, I made a new profile called "start")

"start"

"default"

like that basically

this will still have the rainbow colour annoyance during boot but when fully booted stwitched to a normal human like setting - the funny thing... all lenovo has to do is make an update that changed the intergrated "rainbow" RGB show to a static colour or no colour and problem would be fixed, but its too easy and they dont care.... the only good thing out of Lenovo is their premium care team that has helped me with the problems I have gotten from their laptops.

but good luck

oh another thing you can do is install another RGB software like "wallpaper engine" on steam (cost money but its cheap) which can change your RGB on startup etc...

but remember you will still have the rainbow show when the laptop loads up... just automatically switched it to a normal thing when fully loaded

Options

11 Posts

03-31-2021

Netherlands

10 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 14 of 17

2021-04-09, 22:15 PM

The RGB components are made by Corsair. Its just a built-in Corsair RGB system. Corsair should change the firmware.

Still, i've bought a Lenovo laptop, not from Corsair. So Lenovo, fix it! I cant imagine its a hardware limitation.

I only need light on the keyboard. All other lights have no function! Default to white would be sufficient.

And running ICUE is not an solution. The software uses almost a whole cpu core! Someone should be fired over this at Corsair and Lenovo for passing this when building the laptop.

Manually disabling all Corsair services does make a difference. Some ICUE functionality does stops working.

Options

100 Posts

11-07-2020

France

98 Signins

700 Page Views

• Views: 700
  • Message 15 of 17

2021-04-10, 0:38 AM

Corsair didn't make any keyboard for lenovo, they just provid the Software API to control the lenovo keyboard.

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2021

7 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

2021-04-10, 3:41 AM

Yes but lenovo decided to intergrate the RGB fully with the laptop, corsair tech, lenovo decision

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2021

7 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 17 of 17

2021-04-10, 3:42 AM

yea... no other way bro

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms